• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who here has expectations for Marvin?

Diesel

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvin has improved every year and I expect that to continue for a few more years. However, with Horford and our pg's getting more shots this year and with another rebounding center adding, I don't see Marvin's stats improving much.

Areas where I think he'll improve are generally just in his weaknesses. I see him gradually getting lost less during the game this year. His driving and mainly finishing skills will improve as he gets stronger just due to normal maturation. I think he can hit 3's at a good clip whenever he and the staff decide that that's what they want him to do. This year for good parts of the year he was nearly automatic on jumpers. I'd like to see him solidify that skill this year THEN move it out beyond 3.

I think Marvin already is way better than a top40 SF. I see him approaching top10 level this year, maybe near allstar 2010. The only way I see him approaching his original hype is if somehow he gets onto a weight lifting program (or steriods..lol) and suddenly gains strength and confidence. Either way, he still wouldn't be as good as Chris Paul and will always be a missed opportunity. But he does give us depth in case of injuries or trade opportunities.