Sekou or Ric Bucher on Smoove

NJHAWK

Who to believe? Obviously Sekou would know better BUT

Here is the problem though: The other day Sekou kind of responded to Bucher by saying after the playoff series with Boston that both Joshes talked about how they need to keep the team togther yada yada yada. A couple of things have changed since that time with Smoove #1. Woody was bought back which going by some of Smooves comments after the playoffs I dont think he really expected BK to resign and Woody to come back. I think Smoove thought it would be the other way around. #2. Obviously whatever happened in the meeting with Sund and ASG right before July 1st had not happened yet. No doubt Bucher could be talking out of his ayss, but Id like to hear something recent from Smoove to back Sekou up and not something over 2 months old.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Who to believe? Obviously Sekou would know better BUT

Here is the problem though: The other day Sekou kind of responded to Bucher by saying after the playoff series with Boston that both Joshes talked about how they need to keep the team togther yada yada yada. A couple of things have changed since that time with Smoove #1. Woody was bought back which going by some of Smooves comments after the playoffs I dont think he really expected BK to resign and Woody to come back. I think Smoove thought it would be the other way around. #2. Obviously whatever happened in the meeting with Sund and ASG right before July 1st had not happened yet. No doubt Bucher could be talking out of his ayss, but Id like to hear something recent from Smoove to back Sekou up and not something over 2 months old.

Well, someone within the organization or Smith needs to respond to Bucher's comments to clear up any misconceptions to the fans. If Smith wants out, we need to know and the front office needs to get him out of here!

Makes me think if the line delivered by Jason Robards as Bradley in the movie All The Presidents Man: "It's a non-denial denial."

If they say nothing it tends to make me think he is the one with the most recent info, but that's just speculation. Would be nice to hear something.

Monday is when camp starts? At least there will be more availability of coach, GA, etc maybe we'll get some info

A few things, there is always speculation and in a situation like this, they aren't going to respond to EVERYTHING that EVERYBODY says. The fact is that Bucher is a writer who hasn't actually written anything.

I don't believe either one of them necessarily but I certainly don't believe Ric "Kobe has played his last game as a Laker" Bryant.

Most importantly, if Josh Smith and his agents want the Clippers to give him a max offer (which is certainly in his and their best interest and is certainly within the realm of possibility) why the hell would they publicly announce that the only team he wants to play for is the Hawks? They probably want the Clippers to think he doesn't want to play for the Hawks so they make him an offer instead of Meka or a trade for Randolph...

Come on guys, relax on this stuff.

Quote:

Josh Smith/Marvin Williams/ 2010 1st round pick for Greg Oden.

smile.gif

Your out of your mind. I wouldnt trade Josh or Marv for Oden much less both of them AND THAT WAS BEFORE HE GOT HURT AGAIN. This trade would set us back in the lottery for another 5 years.

I don't know that I would trade both Josh and Marvin plus a 1st rounder for Oden but I would certainly trade either of them straight up for him. 6'9" tweener forwards are much more plentiful than a true 7' center that has all the tools to be a dominant force for years to come. Oden has the potential to be great.

Quote:

I don't know that I would trade both Josh and Marvin plus a 1st rounder for Oden but I would certainly trade either of them straight up for him. 6'9" tweener forwards are much more plentiful than a true 7' center that has all the tools to be a dominant force for years to come. Oden has the potential to be great.

I think he was way over hyped in college. I dont see the " great potential there at all. He has no offensive game and is very slow. He was not that good at OSU AND HE IS VERY INJURY PRONE. I have said it before and will say it again, he will be a role playing center.