• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let the Smoove situation breathe.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think one thing that everybody needs to understand is that at this time, agents lie... Remember all the lies Lon Babby told on behalf of JT. Saying that Utah wanted to give him this huge contract and how JT hated Atlanta.. .Well, BK waited him out and in this same predicament resigned JT after JT took a lowball offer sheet.

Eddy Curry's agent tried the same move with us.

I'm sure that whoever is representing Smoove is using the media in order to get his client a good deal.

Somebody may know how Smoove really feels but for now, I wouldn't fall victim to the game.

Fair though would be 5 year 57.5 million up to 60... But I wouldn't outbid myself on Smoove.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I agree . . . . . if you will let the trade talk of Marvin breathe!

What are you?? Marvin's Woman?

Are you his BFF??

I notice that you're always on the attack of anybody that suggests a trade of Marvin. Why do you feel so threatened Doc?

Yup, not extending Smoove or Chillz last summer or Marvin this summer is just a gamble. Orlando extended Howard just to try to keep him as happy as possible, sorta the same with Bogut and Milwaukee.

Without extending, you just let the market set the price for your player. If they don't get any offers they can't be too upset with whatever you offer. If Smoove were offered the max, we'd practically have to match it but that would just be part of how the gamble went and in that scenario we sorta lost. As it's playing out so far, we sorta are winning. 5+ years ago, more teams had salary space and more borderline players got max deals. Nowadays not many teams can make big offers and with all the good players from Smoove's draft year, I figured it would be a good gamble. In many teams minds, Okafor, Deng, Iggy, Biedrins, Ben Gordon, etc may still be more valued than Smoove.

I can't help but think the whole Josh/Josh thing will get more intersting as time goes by. I really think the winner in the whole deal will be JChillz. Teams with pass first PGs would LOVE to have him. LA would flat out DIE for the guy (IMO). He would be a great "plug in player" on any good team.

Thinking - he is the guy who should just play out his contract and become a F/A - he has a bit less value than JS but a bunch of value for a team that needs one more piece. I've never thought that he couldn't be a starter...just have tohave shooters around him because he can't get his shot off when defended. BUT...he does everything else well (except inbounding the ball late.. insane.gif ) but he probably has that taken care of.

Honestly, I hope a good WC team makes a play for JChillz and we do a S-N-T. I would buy NBA ticket just to watch how he could do with a quality PG. Also, the S-N-T could balance out our roster...so if he goes to a place like Portland or LA it wouldn't hurt us much.

Quote:

I can't help but think the whole Josh/Josh thing will get more intersting as time goes by. I really think the winner in the whole deal will be JChillz. Teams with pass first PGs would LOVE to have him. LA would flat out DIE for the guy (IMO). He would be a great "plug in player" on any good team.

Thinking - he is the guy who should just play out his contract and become a F/A - he has a bit less value than JS but a bunch of value for a team that needs one more piece. I've never thought that he couldn't be a starter...just have tohave shooters around him because he can't get his shot off when defended. BUT...he does everything else well (except inbounding the ball late..
insane.gif
) but he probably has that taken care of.

Honestly, I hope a good WC team makes a play for JChillz and we do a S-N-T. I would buy NBA ticket just to watch how he could do with a quality PG. Also, the S-N-T could balance out our roster...so if he goes to a place like Portland or LA it wouldn't hurt us much.

What is interesting is to speak of Chillz's talents and not want him on this team verses another. That is Backassward.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think Chill is more a 'final piece' for teams that are right there and need to get a little more help. If he leaves the Hawks I would be money he is on a playoff team next year.

Chill will receive an offer b/w $4-$5 million per season which we can easily afford. So I don't know why there is all of this talk of a sign and trade!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Thinking - he is the guy who should just play out his contract and become a F/A - he has a bit less value than JS but a bunch of value for a team that needs one more piece. I've never thought that he couldn't be a starter...just have tohave shooters around him because he can't get his shot off when defended. BUT...he does everything else well (except inbounding the ball late..
insane.gif
) but he probably has that taken care of.

What is interesting is to speak of Chillz's talents and not want him on this team verses another. That is Backassward.

Some people can't appreciate the good that we have.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think Chill is more a 'final piece' for teams that are right there and need to get a little more help. If he leaves the Hawks I would be money he is on a playoff team next year.

Chill will receive an offer b/w $4-$5 million per season which we can easily afford. So I don't know why there is all of this talk of a sign and trade!

I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered a deal between 6 and 7. Let's not be fooled, I think ASG is dropping the ball here a bit. IF you consider how much a team like LAC has. IF they are matched on Okafor, it would probably be easy business for them to make a play on Chillz before making a play on Smoove. It makes sense because if we are quick to match Chillz, we might not be so quick to match a large offer for Smoove (especially one that's frontloaded). ASG should make a deal with one of the Joshes and let the market decide for the other one.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You are always trying to draw posters into conflicts so you can use your twisted logic. Sorry dude. I ain't falling for it. Very sophmorish.

Yawn.

Oooh, if I didn't have him on "ignore," I'd use that.

Quote:

...I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered a deal between 6 and 7. .

I agree D....maybe even 8. Teams with money to spend and can circumvent the soft cap would love to have JChillz. If we get decent value back to balance our roster (your idea Walt), I could live with it....but send him out west.

Quote:

Welcome to Hawksquawk!

LOL - good point PB.

But I really think JChillz is a mark for contending teams. And the salary cap thing is a bunch different when you are talking 6-7-8 instead of 11-12-13. It lets in a bunch more teams into the bargaining process.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The MLE averages nearly $7M per season.

And you can be sure that someone will offer him their full MLE as soon as the Smith situation is resolved, if not sooner.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Glue guys are not final pieces. Chillz is a glue guy. He finds an area and he works there. Actually several areas. I don't doubt that he doesn't go to a Playoff team if we're stupid enough to watch him walk. I mean, a team like San Antonio or Boston would show us how to use him.

Who doesn't need a guy who can score without the ball, move without the ball, or bring the ball up and help your team to get into their offense. He has a very Pippenisque game.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I wouldn't be surprised to see him offered a deal between 6 and 7.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the mid level exception $5.6 Million dollars?

It's either that or 5.8 million.