• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone ee Mike Conley in SL today

I saw him vs the Bucks and wasn't impressed. I thought he didn't show much in the Rookie vs Sophmore game as well. Being outperformed by JCN there and the entire season.

They had Crit playing the three I presumed with Mayo and Conley on the floor. Either Lowery or Crit needs to be traded because someone will not see the floor next season.

Quote:

He waz horrible out there. Jaravis Crittenton looked better than he did. I still don't get what all the hype waz about during draft time last year.

Every draft year there will be a person how comes out of no where and the media gets all google eyed about him... I don't like those players.

Just like Marvin Williams were because NC won everything that year. I must admit CP3 was a known person from the start of the season. Marvin's name came up after NC started making their big run.

Acie Law was well known during the season... Mike Conley name came up at the end of the season.

This year it was Derrick Rose.... but Beasley was the well known player from day one.

I was big on him last season although in the end I wanted us to trade the 11+Chil for Calderon and snag Hor with the 3.

He's looked fine in SL though. He's showing that he's still one of the quicker guys in the league. The problem with SL is that its hard for a pass first pg to excel because there is no real offensive structure and most guys just want to play one on one, witness OJ Mayo scoring 19 but getting 2 assists and 6 TOs a game...

Quote:

He waz horrible out there. Jaravis Crittenton looked better than he did. I still don't get what all the hype waz about during draft time last year.

Its summer league, who cares. SL has never been a good predicter for success or failure.

yeah,It doesn't change my opinion on his being a good NBA PG but at the same time he should be playing a lot better than he has as a sophomore.He may not be racking up assists but he shouldn't be turning it over as much either.and he's playing off the ball more so he should be scoring more.

If you want to put stock into the SL then we need to crown Dion Glover as one of the greatest players we have had in the past decade. Also, Duncan needs to be called overrated after he got destroyed in SL by Ostertag.

Its too small of a sample size and with a team that has 0 chemistry. I believe they practice for a week or two before going out to SL to try and play as a team.

Quote:

yeah,It doesn't change my opinion on his being a good NBA PG but at the same time he should be playing a lot better than he has as a sophomore.He may not be racking up assists but he shouldn't be turning it over as much either.and he's playing off the ball more so he should be scoring more.

Like I said, he is a pass first pg and you are asking him to do something that isn't his first instinct... as far as TOs go - SL is where TOs are born.

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said, he is a pass first pg and you are asking him to do something that isn't his first instinct... as far as TOs go - SL is where TOs are born. and like I said it doesn't change my opinion on him being a good NBA PG,not even a little bit.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Like I said, he is a pass first pg and you are asking him to do something that isn't his first instinct... as far as TOs go - SL is where TOs are born. and like I said it doesn't change my opinion on him being a good NBA PG,not even a little bit.

Conley is definitely overrated, in my opinion. I think players like Crittenton and Law proved more in college, as they were the leaders of their teams. Oden made Conley's job a whole lot easier, and without another skilled big man to feed, I don't think Conley will ever amount to much in the NBA. I see him becoming a Speedy Claxton-type player before he becomes a transcendent PG like Paul.