• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's Hawks thought of the day.

Diesel

• Premium Member

What if Demarr would have never wrecked the car?

That's my thought for the day. What could have been DeMarr's future? He was a 6'9" 200 lb swingman that we drafted from the university of Cincy. He was an average defender with offensive potential. He was drafted 6th in the 2000 draft... and that had to be the sorriest draft in NBA history. Really nobody was drafted after him except Pryz.. and then the draft fell off until 19th. He was best known for how Smoovely he flew up and down the court. Almost effortly. He had an estimated 42 inch vertical which changed to 36 after the accident.

If Demarr hadn't had the wreck, would he have reached his potential with the Hawks? Would he and his smoove jump shot be one of the best in the game? Would he have ever gained that 20 lbs that would have made him hard to guard?

• Premium Member

Watching and following Demarr made me realize that regardless of how good you are, if you're an athlete, it's hard to put on weight. Guys talk about somebody putting on 20 lbs of Muscle as if it's an easy feat. That's why we shouldn't criticize solo and chillz. Let the natural metabolism decrease take hold... like it did for Theo and Pippen.

Quote:

What if Demarr would have never wrecked the car?

That's my thought for the day. What could have been DeMarr's future? He was a 6'9" 200 lb swingman that we drafted from the university of Cincy. He was an average defender with offensive potential. He was drafted 6th in the 2000 draft... and that had to be the sorriest draft in NBA history. Really nobody was drafted after him except Pryz.. and then the draft fell off until 19th. He was best known for how Smoovely he flew up and down the court. Almost effortly. He had an estimated 42 inch vertical which changed to 36 after the accident.

"What if 6 were 9."

Jimmi Hendrix

Quote:

Dermarr's shot was too Childress like for him to have ever been great IMO.

WTF.exagerrate much?I remember watching him a little when he was with the Hawks,his shot is nothing like Childress.He has a normal over head stoke.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Dermarr's shot was too Childress like for him to have ever been great IMO.

Huh???

The best thing about Demarr was his shot. It was picture perfect. It would float. His problem was he didn't have the weight to drive.