• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

RMR Game 1 thoughts/evaluations

A-town Hawks

There were some positive's and negatives that we can take from this first game (Don't want to take too much since it is only game 1)

Positives:

Luke Jackson- Was a huge positive for me, we've been looking for a shooter, and Luke showed being a shooter was why he was a lottery pick in 2004. His shooting off the bench is something that we can really use on our team next year, hopefully with more showings like yesterday (20 pts, 5-7 on 3pt fg) he'll stick. The kid has been derailed by injuries throughout his career could we have found a gem?

Speedy- showed us great steps in his recovery and played like a real veteran out there. I think he may become relevant again for this team next year and maybe the back-up pg unless Acie steps it up.

Negatives:

Acie, Acie, Acie- after hearing such high praise for the work acie has been putting in this offseason. To see none of that in game action yesterday was really disheartning and was a big let down. Hopefully he will bounce back and show the consistence and efficiency he has lacked all last season.

Feel free to add what you guys thought from the game.

I wouldn't place too much value on any stats from the Summer League. The only thing that really interests me is Speedy's ability to actually get minutes and stay on the court. If he could give us quality backup minutes this year it could open up alot of trade avenues for the Hawks.

Quote:

Luke Jackson- Was a huge positive for me, we've been looking for a shooter, and Luke showed
being a shooter was why he was a lottery pick in 2004.
His shooting off the bench is something that we can really use on our team next year, hopefully with more showings like yesterday (20 pts, 5-7 on 3pt fg) he'll stick. The kid has been derailed by injuries throughout his career could we have found a gem?

That isn't the only reason. He has pretty good hops..

lukejackson.jpg

He also tested well at the combine. He beat Iggy in the lane agility test. He did pretty well in the sprint too. Here is his time compared to a few others;

Luke 3.24

Iggy 3.18

Childress 3.38 (ugh)

Devin Harris 3.19

JR Smith 3.21

I saw Luke win a 3 point shooting contest when he was in college but i didn't see him play much.

Game One: Atlanta Hawks vs. Dallas Mavericks

For the Hawks it was the Luke Jackson and Jeremy Richardson show. The two combined to score 41 points, grab 9 rebounds, and dish out 4 assists. Overall it was just an efficient night for the Hawks as they shot 60% from the field, compared to 40% for the Mavericks. This game belonged to the Hawks once they put in Speedy Claxton. With Acie Law struggling to get anything going from the field Speedy focused on just creating for other. While he too couldn't get his shot to go, Speedy racked up 7 assists in just 16 minutes of play. Also putting together efficient nights for the Hawks were Othello Hunter, Kevinn Pinkney, Mario West, and Brian Randle. Between the four of them there was only one missed shot.

Gerald Green carried the Mavericks offensively, leading the way with 20 points on 8-17 shooting. Charles Rhodes and James Singleton, two hopeful power forwards, had forgettable outings for the Mavericks. Singleton's play has been underwhelming since his good first game, but Rhodes had really been tearing it up offensively. One of them is going to have to get going if the Mavericks are going to have any success in Salt Lake. No other Maverick really stood out. With little rest between Vegas and Salt Lake fatigue may be starting to set in for the Mavericks.

First game for a while for some of these players. Acie Law was certainly disappointing. I was getting excited about hearing all this hype about him putting in the work in the offseason, but let's give him a couple more games to prove himself before we start considering him a failure in the summer league. He was disappointing, but look for him to bounce back. The same goes for most of the players actually. It's just one game. I want to see them play a couple more.

I'm surprised to see that Jeremy Richardson isn't on your list of 'Positives'. He led the team in scoring, and he showed many of us that he certainly should of gotten more burn last year.

Quote:

First game for a while for some of these players. Acie Law was certainly disappointing. I was getting excited about hearing all this hype about him putting in the work in the offseason, but let's give him a couple more games to prove himself before we start considering him a failure in the summer league. He was disappointing, but look for him to bounce back. The same goes for most of the players actually. It's just one game. I want to see them play a couple more.

I'm surprised to see that Jeremy Richardson isn't on your list of 'Positives'. He led the team in scoring, and he showed many of us that he certainly should of gotten more burn last year.

I definetly thought J-rich was a positive but was a little lazy to put him up there. But yeah I think he should take over Mario West spot on the team as Luke should take Jeremy's old spot. I'm really high on what Luke can potentially bring us... I can really see him coming here with something to prove, after basically being written off from his 2004 lottery pick status