• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just got back from The Dark Knight (spoilers)

Plainview1981

I'll tell you, it gave me a feeling that a movie called Heat gave me.

I didn't love it. It had some great action scenes, and Health Leger gave a great performance. I like Eckhart as Two faced Harvey the best. I thought his character was well written for the most part. I wasn't totally convinced when he just lead the Joker go. I know about the coin flip, but I don't know... I just didn't buy it. I thought that the Scarecrow could have been left out. I thought Maggie was worse than Katie Holmes. It's not totally her fault since her character wasn't written with much depth... But still, I hated that character and it was a waste. I wasn't really feeling Batman in this movie.

There are plenty of good things. I enjoyed Gary Oldman's increased screen time. It got a reaction out of me when it showed that he wasn't really dead. Action movies don't really get that reaction out of me these days. I thought Morgan Freeman was better used. In fact, he got some of the best crowd reactions. The movie also has some twists that actually threw me off. The movie kept me on my toes for not appearing too predictable. Which is a great surprise. Most of the performances were good.

Now.... Where it reminds me of Heat.... Well, it's abit loaded with faces that you've seen in other movies. On top of that, there is ALOT going on. I think I will like it on repeated viewings as I did Heat. The first time I watched it I gave it around a 7.5/10.... Now I'd give Heat a 8.5 or 9/10. I think once I get The Dark Knight on DVD and watch it again, I'll love it alot more.

I normally like Maggie, especially in the secretary, but I didn't like her character in this movie either. I don't think I would have liked Katie Holmes either though.

Ledger was amazing and easily the best bad guy in any type of movie like this ever. That scene where he makes the pencil disappear cracked me up big time. He was evil, funny, and makes you hate him while feeling sorry for him.

I thought that Eckhart was brilliant and man he looks freaky as two-face.

I enjoyed that the movies actually ha some unexpected twists in it. As with most good movies that you expect a sequel from I am kind of disappointed that 2face was killed off. Echart played it well and it could of extended into the next sequel, especially since they obviously can't get the Joker played with the same intensity again. I guess they will have to explore the Riddler.....I don't need to see Devito as the penguin again.

Agree with most of what's been said here. As I was watching, I thought we were obviously building toward Two-Face being the prime villain in the 3rd one (which would be ok by me), but then he died, which struck me as odd. Maybe he comes back.

Ledger was unreal as the Joker. Just incredible - he easily stole the show. The pencil trick got big laughs in the screening I saw. Very well-written character and Ledger just knocked it out of the park. He made the movie. I wouldn't have minded seeing more of him in the 3rd one.