Sunds Official Statement: This is not good

Lacsho

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You have to look at my whole statement.

IF Money was the only factor,

then why wouldn't European teams attack at the draft? Our rookies are bound to a salary limit. NOT so in Europe. Why didn't Greece go after OJ Mayo or J. Beasley... According to Exodus, it's all about the money. Greece or any other team can steal players away just like the ABA did. So if Money is the main concern, why not??

Because money is a finite resource. They don't have the money to sign a bunch of guys to Childress like deals.

If they start at the draft, they can sign guys better than Chillz for cheaper.

Are you telling me that they are stupid too?

You still don't get it.

THEY DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO THROW DEALS AT A BUNCH OF PLAYERS.

Childress is the highest paid player in Europe. His deal is exceeded by a BUNCH of deals in the NBA. There is more money overall here. It just so happens that there is a LOT more money for childress in Europe.

I don't know what the cap on rookie contracts is, but I would imagine if a Euro team wanted to, they could offer a big deal to a rookie that exceeded what the NBA team that drafted him would be able to pay.

Part of the reason this doesn't happen very often is because there's less money in European basketball, but I'd say the biggest reason is that players don't want to move to Europe.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic