• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Nazr for Battier???

Diesel

• Premium Member

The fact that they've asked about it makes me hope that the deal is Nazr for Battier/Humphries.

It could very easily be Nazr for BK.

I don't have have a problem with BK... But we would love to have Battier here as SF.

Maybe Nazr/CC for BK/Battier??

That's funny because I was just about to post Nazr/CC/2nd for BK/Battier myself. I don't think they would do it straight up without any picks. We get Battier who is probably the best player of the deal and BK who's contract expires for players with a few years left on their deals. Not sure Memphis wants Nazr that bad. Is he any better than LO?

I'm sure the thinking is that it would allow us to get Nazr's salary off the books for 05/06 when the rebuilding will likely begin. That thought has some merit but does NOTHING to help us right now. BK has ZERO value to us as a player right now and acquiring him could actually be detrimental to DD's development.

I'd much rather see us get a young player such as Battier, Swift or Miller back in a deal for Nazr. Nazr for Battier, Trybanski and Robert Archibald would work under the cap. Nazr for Swift straight up would work under the cap. Nazzr for Miller/Trybanski would work under the cap.

If West is unwilling to part with any of those 3 young guys for Nazr, I'd propose sending Nazr/CC for Person. Person can start at SG for us this year and his $7.7 million comes off the books after the season. I'd MUCH rather have him than BK.

• Premium Member

West is also talking to Seattle. Seattle is willing to part with James' 3.3 million dollar Salary. On top of that, Seattle's main need is at PG, PF, and C. If West can get them to take BK for James... That would certainly outdo our offer.

I think West likes Miller, plus I think Miller has already been resigned. I think what West may be envisioning is:

Bell/Miller/Persons/Gasol/ and a Big C until next year when West will probably overwhelm LAL with stuff for a Kobe SNT...

Kobe for Swift/Miller/JWilliams/Picks.

Yeah! Get him. I don't want to give the entire franchise

for him, but I sure would love to see him in A Hawk's

uniform next season.

As the man said in the movie, "Go ahead. Make my day!"

My favorite "Non-Hawk" player as everyone is well aware.

He's not the answer to all our problems, I know. But,

he is, in my opinion, a good player and his talents would

fit right in with what we need to fill the position that

became vacant with the departure of "Big Dog."

Hope someone is listening.

You gotta think they want to get rid of someone at the G/F slots.

They have serious overload at the swing positions:

SG - Persons, Miller, Dickerson

SF - Battier, Posey

PF - Gasol, Swift, Humphrey

C - Wright

If you assume they add a center, then Gasol will start PF, That means Posey swings to SF. That leaves Posey, Battier, Mike Miller battling it out for SF. That is a lot and I gotta believe they told Posey he could play when they signed him.

Persons is probably available unless they want the cap room for some reason. They could trade him at the deadline for someone that the lakers may want next year though.

That means a combination of Battier, Miller, Dickerson, Swift, Wright are probably available.

I would love to get a Nazr/CC for Battier/Swift but I think that is way too optimistic.

We could use some of there younger guys to fill our roster out, but a lineup of JT/Diaw/Battier/SAR/Theo would be pretty good. We woould get offense from SAR/Battier/JT and defense from Theo/Diaw/Battier. JT/Diaw/Battier can all handle the ball as well.

I think that would be a pretty well rounded team with a very unproven bench DD/Hansen/Swift/Hendu

so we MIGHT have a chance to get Person for Nazr/filler. I'd be VERY surprised if we could get Swift, Battier or Miller for Nazr but I'd love to see it happen.

On another note, I'd hardly call Swift, Miller, J Williams, picks for Kobe overwhelming. That might be a good deal for Reef but I wouldn't trade Kobe for the Grizz's starting 5.

• Premium Member

I think when you look at it from this perspective.

Kobe is leaving LA.

For LAL to get something out of the deal, they have to do a SNT.

Kobe isn't leaving for MORE Money.

Kobe is leaving to prove himself.

Memphis is the perfect team.

The GM that drafted him.

A team with no winning reputation.

A team about to be in the East.

If LAL is approached by Kobe for a trade to Memphis, they will have to look at this deal:

Swift/Miller/Gasol (Maybe)/Filler and Picks for Kobe.

It's not overwhelming...

But

Shaq/Malone/Gasol/Miller/Payton is good enough. With Swift off the bench.....

why would he want to play for the Memphis team that would be left if the deal you propose is made? I can see it now:

Trybanski/??

Wright/Humphrey

Posey/Battier

Kobe/Dickerson/Jones

Williams/Watson/Bell

That would be the team. They couldn't even improve through the draft because they would have to give up picks. Kobe might score 40 ppg but they would suck and they would struggle to make the playoffs even in the EC.

If Kobe wants to prove himself, I'm sure there are SEVERAL situations that would be better for him and in which they Lakers could get more in return. Why not SNT trade him to Minnesota for KG? KG would have to take a paycut down to around $16 million or so next year but for a chance to play with Shaq, Malone and his good buddy GP, I'm sure he'd do it. Meanwhile, Kobe could play with Cassell, Spree, Wally and Olowkandi, a much better supporting cast than he would have in Memphis. I'm sure there are other deals out there that are much better as well.