• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Othello Hunter Should Make Our Roster

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

He definitely should be invited to camp along with Gardner and Bennett. Even though he is about 6'8" he has long arms. His standing reach is over 9'1". He is a very skilled offensive player and not bad on the glass either. Could be a find for this club who could use a little good luck for a change.

He definitely should be invited to camp along with Gardner and Bennett. Even though he is about 6'8" he has long arms. His standing reach is over 9'1". He is a very skilled offensive player and not bad on the glass either. Could be a find for this club who could use a little good luck for a change.

The question will be how many spots are open. Solomon, Mario, and Jeremy have the most experience with the club. Othello Hunter showed the most consistent impact throughout Summer League, but Luke Jackson, Thomas Gardner, and Demetric Bennett all had flashes

The question will be how many spots are open. Solomon, Mario, and Jeremy have the most experience with the club. Othello Hunter showed the most consistent impact throughout Summer League, but Luke Jackson, Thomas Gardner, and Demetric Bennett all had flashes

I got this feeling Solomon is not in the plans anymore.

I got this feeling Solomon is not in the plans anymore.

Hunter is only 6'8" but plays big in the post especially on defense. He has a very nice mid range jumper. He is a guy that would have been a late 1st rounder if he was an inch taller. He could very well replace Solomon.

If the Hawks didn't have too many guards already... Bennett would be a nice addition (maybe he'll be back whenever Speedy reinjured himself. They could take a look at the undersized Hunter if no more big man addition were made. I'm in favor of keeping Solomon because of his intimidating inside the paint defense. The one that's interesting would be Gardner because of his shooting ability... but with addition of Evans ... doesn't look good for him... could work if JJ moved to the three some though.

• Premium Member
If the Hawks didn't have too many guards already... Bennett would be a nice addition (maybe he'll be back whenever Speedy reinjured himself. They could take a look at the undersized Hunter if no more big man addition were made. I'm in favor of keeping Solomon because of his intimidating inside the paint defense. The one that's interesting would be Gardner because of his shooting ability... but with addition of Evans ... doesn't look good for him... could work if JJ moved to the three some though.

I think that Evans and Joe can swing over to Sm. forward to give us flexibility to bring in at least one of those guys. I think that we should keep who ever turns out to be the most consistent shooter between Gardner and Bennett. Hunter is a no brainer. He might be as good or better than Udonis Haslem when he develops.

Good point about Bennett. I just wish he had played consistently throughout the RMR. That last game he looked like a young Gilbert Arenas. He is more athletic than I thought as well. Every player on the bench this past season will have to fight to keep there roster spot.

I think that Evans and Joe can swing over to Sm. forward to give us flexibility to bring in at least one of those guys. I think that we should keep who ever turns out to be the most consistent shooter between Gardner and Bennett. Hunter is a no brainer. He might be as good or better than Udonis Haslem when he develops.

i would take a Udonis Haslem. it's time we found one of these diamonds in the rough who can come off the bench and pick things up. Whether Woody plays them is another matte.

• Premium Member
If the Hawks didn't have too many guards already...

I forgot that people are including Mario West in the mix as being guaranteed a roster spot. If Bennett or Gardner play like they played in summer league during the preseason, West might be history.

• Premium Member
i would take a Udonis Haslem. it's time we found one of these diamonds in the rough who can come off the bench and pick things up. Whether Woody plays them is another matte.

Remember, Haslem played on our summer league team before signing with Miami.