• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Smith Leaves....

joshuaneder

It's the end of this franchise. All the mementum, gone. Johnson, gone. Atlanta being considered a viable place to play for free agents, gone. Half the fan base, gone. Damn, the cost of overpaying is nowhere near the cost of him leaving. If you disagree, you are a recent hawks fan. This kid is from Atlanta, evolving into a star, in a star driven league and we are going to let him walk? Count me as one of those who is done with the Hawks if he leaves. I have been a Hawks fan rabidly since 1983-but if they let him walk it is proof they have no interest in winning. Even in a sign and trade.

Edited by joshuaneder

It's the end of this franchise. All the mementum, gone. Johnson, gone. Atlanta being considered a viable place to play for free agents, gone. Half the fan base, gone. Damn, the cost of overpaying is nowhere near the cost of him leaving. If you disagree, you are a recent hawks fan. This kid is from Atlanta, evolving into a star, in a star driven league and we are going to let him walk? Count me as one of those who is done with the Hawks if he leaves. I have been a Hawks fan rabidly since 1983-but if they let him walk it is proof they have no interest in winning. Even in a sign and trade.

I have basically stated these exact words about a million times, this post is dead on. It's basically 2003 again if we lose Smith, a COMPLETE start over and our reputation goes further down the toilet. JJ leaves and we actually DO become the Clippers east.

It's the end of this franchise. All the mementum, gone. Johnson, gone. Atlanta being considered a viable place to play for free agents, gone. Half the fan base, gone. Damn, the cost of overpaying is nowhere near the cost of him leaving.

It could actually be a new beginnig. BK's "five year plan" topped out at 37 wins (as I expected). When Belkin gets the team things will change...and it won't be another 5 year plan....2 years MAX.

and Belkin WILL WIn (IMHO)....the courts usually drop back to the previous decision. Belkin won that. $$ will be the issue.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I agree some fans on here just don't understand it though, does anyone honestly think Smoove's hometown is gonna stand behind a franchise. That let a future superstar go???

I agree some fans on here just don't understand it though, does anyone honestly think Smoove's hometown is gonna stand behind a franchise. That let a future superstar go???

We have to keep in mind jsm...that PLAYERS are a HUGE product of what you see every night. Simple reality (no offense).

I remember living out in Denver and there came a dissaggreement between Elway and Reeves. Reeves got canned and Elway won two Superbowls as the QB.

We have to keep in mind jsm...that PLAYERS are a HUGE product of what you see every night. Simple reality (no offense).

I remember living out in Denver and there came a dissaggreement between Elway and Reeves. Reeves got canned and Elway won two Superbowls as the QB.

Right... so we keep Smith... can Woody and the Hawks can move on again.

ASG has to face the reality that when they look at the difference of what they are offering and what Smith wants, that is small change to what is at stake over the long hall. How attendance will be impacted, the PR nightmare, FA avoiding us, etc. When looked at in those terms the difference in question becomes less.

ASG has to face the reality that when they look at the difference of what they are offering and what Smith wants, that is small change to what is at stake over the long hall. How attendance will be impacted, the PR nightmare, FA avoiding us, etc. When looked at in those terms the difference in question becomes less.

You are right. The difference between what Smoove wants and what the ASG wants to spend shouldn't be a big deal to them. Its seems the deep pockets reside in Boston with Belkin.

If Smith leaves, the Hawks will have to be a noticably better team this coming season or they'll be in deep. Dallas lost Nash but used the money to bring in a boatload of players. If we lose Smith just to save a few bucks and the team plays about as well as last season or worse, you really do have a potential doomsday, 2003 era 11,000 people showing up to the games to cheer for the other team, scenario.