• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My Thought's On Josh Smith

Scott

• Premium Member

Josh Smith is wonderful talent but what is his natural position. He plays power forward and on most nights he plays it well like against Garnett in the playoffs. But I have seen him get killed by Drew Gooden. Al Horford is what most people on this site would call a proto type power forward and not a center which he played very well last year as a rookie. Marvin William has been called a proto type small forward but he doesnt shoot the three are play very good defense but he has a great mid range jumper and gets to the line. Josh has the size to play small forward but doesnt have a great jumper an he is considered more of a slasher but doesnt have a very good handle. Marvin and Josh both turn the ball over to much but they are young and will improve. If we resign Josh I think he will have to play small forward for the Hawks with Al Horford playing the power forward position. I think that Marvin would benefit from a trade because Atlanta fans will never get over Billy Knight drafting him over Chris Paul and Deran Williams. The funny thinks is we shouldnt blame Marvin he didnt draft his self and that was the past we need to look at the future. I would perfer to find a good sign and trade for Josh Smith and keep Marvin at the three and Horford at the four. I wouldnt give Josh away for nothing if I didnt like what I was beeing offered I would just resign him and we could always trade him are Marvin during the season or next summer.

Talent trumps natural positions. Dwyane Wade has no natural position but it doesn't matter. Allen Iverson doesn't. Dirk doesn't have a PF game at all, but it doesn't matter. Guys with tons of talent kills having players who play a "natural" position.

Edited by AtLaS