• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Chilldress On 790...cuts Played Today...a Can't Miss

khaos7

well if they knew smith was going to more and they wanted to add pieces......perhaps they wanted him to wait so that they could make necessary roster moves to ease the cap burden......who knows.....but the main issue is he walked away from a good offer for a better one.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the interview revealed that Chilldress felt attacked personally, from a charecter standpoint and that the interview is salicious and candid.

Oh please...like there's no hyperbole there. I'd be far more inclined to believe Childress' version of events if he hadn't gotten this infantile. Not getting your dream salary in the first round of negotiations is not a slight much less a character attack. It's how business goes.

Kudos to his agent though. He simultaneously duped the Greeks into thinking Josh is a star while stroking Chill's ego by playing the "they're dissin' you, man" card. He gets even richer while his client plays in a lesser league.

I guess I heard a different clip on my drive home. They asked Chill if he thought Smoove would play here next year. he literally hummed and hawed for about ten seconds and said yes . . . . but then said I'm not sure. I haven't talked to him in a couple days. That's part of the interviewed that will be played.

Just because a team was willing to make a trade with the Hawks and pay Chillz more than the MLE doesn't mean anything to me. For instance, I'm sure we would trade Speedy and Zaza to CHI for Gordon (or to PHI for Iggy) and pay him more than CHI (or PHI) is offering but that doesn't mean CHI (or PHI) is wrong for not doing the deal.

Now all that said, I certainly think the ASG took the wrong approach with Chillz and they certainly could have handled the situation differently. They should have offered him a deal starting just above the MLE from the jump because he is CLEARLY worth that much. If they had done that, he MAY have taken it but if the Olympiakos thing came up, he may have still left. I guess we'll never really know. The ASG tried to use their leverage to get him cheap because he was a RFA and it looks like it backfired.

This is how I see it. I don't think the Hawks did themselves any favors in negotiations (and it does go against their stated objective of "resigning the two Joshes" given that it puts doing so at below their market value in JC case above DOING so). However, it likely would have worked out well if the Greek team hadn't offer TWICE what any NBA team would ever offer Childress. You simply can't compete with that. Not with a guaranteed starting gig, international life (Childress would seem the type to enjoy that), and many FEWER games played. Simply too good of a deal IMO and one no one can claim to have seen coming.

W