Chilldress On 790...cuts Played Today...a Can't Miss

khaos7

PHX was offering Barbosa or Diaw and the ASG rejected it.

I would have rejected a trade for Diaw too. We would have been better off paying Chillz $9M a season than paying Diaw $9M a season. As for Barbosa, for the same $6M he's going to make this year, I would have rather have had Chillz for the same money too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have rejected a trade for Diaw too. We would have been better off paying Chillz $9M a season than paying Diaw $9M a season. As for Barbosa, for the same $6M he's going to make this year, I would have rather have had Chillz for the same money too.

I agree about Diaw. It was very stupid of Phx to give him that contract. He'll never come close to living up to it and they were fooled. Things have to be d@mn near perfect for Diaw for him to look his best.

According to who? Childress is saying flat out they didn't offer what they said they offered. You are trying to insert the word "initially" into his quote. He didn't say that.

Have you heard Chillz' interview? Do you know the context of what he said and what he said it in response to? Do you REALLY think Sund is lying when he said the team offered a deal starting at just above the MLE?

Wow is all I can say. Woolverton and Brandon just played a cut from a interview Mayhem in the AM will play tomorrow from Josh Chilldress. On the cut they played, Childress said, and I paraphrase, the Hawks didn't offer what they claimed they offer and that he was offered more money AND a starting position from two championship teams. He said the Hawks offered him below the mid level exception . After he turned down this deal, they told him to go look for a deal. Brandon and Woolverton went on to say that the interview revealed that Chilldress felt attacked personally, from a charecter standpoint and that the interview is salicious and candid.

My viewpoint? I don't know Sund, Childress, or the ASG personally. However, given the track record of the cheap Spirit group and the perception of Childress's charecter around the league and the media, I'm inclined to side with Childress's take. Keep in mind, this is the same guy the Hawks have given the Jason Collier award to for, I think, two years. He's a good kid and I believe the Spirit got cheap and nasty in negotiations.

Being a Hawks fan is hard work!

Have you heard Chillz' interview? Do you know the context of what he said and what he said it in response to? Do you REALLY think Sund is lying when he said the team offered a deal starting at just above the MLE?

I agree. Let's wait til the interview airs and get some confirmed direct quotes before we start debating this stuff and passing judgment.

I'll believe Childress before i believe Sund or the ASG. I haven't seen Sund admit that he he offered Childress less than the MLE and then told Childress to go find an offer.

If Childress says they didn't offer what they said they did he is clearly calling them liars.

I wonder if any other team's fans are going through as much BS as we are this summer... :Frustrated:

Maybe Charlotte and Chicago were, but I bet they're feeling at least a little better now.

Chicago just got Derrick Rose so that wouldn't be close and they didn't have a guy leave already. I know Golden State fans feel good. They got Maggette and kept all 3 of their RFA's in Ellis,Biedrens, and the Kelenna whatever guy.

Nobody can feel as bad as we do. We resigned one of the worst coaches in the history of sports,yet can't keep two young upcoming players. and had a horrible GM resign and hire another reject.

Edited by Cwell

• Premium Member
I will hold off judgement until I hear the interview, BUT, if what you say is accurate (not saying it isn't), holy cow. How can anyone support Gearon and company?

My support of 30 years is starting to wear thin.

My support of 30 years is starting to wear thin.

I penned this little diddy a year or two ago, but still think it is on topic:

and up yours Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans hate you more than you will know bohoo bohoo

go away please Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans can only pray

hey hey hey...hey hey hey

we like to know a little bit about you for our files

we like to help you learn to help yourself

look around youu all you see are wasted draft picks

stroll around the empty arena until you feel at home

and up yours Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans hate you more than you will know wuwuwu

go away please Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans can only pray

hey hey hey...hey hey hey

Hide Rick Sund in a hiding place where no one ever goes

Put him in the unemployment line

It's no secret, just the Gearons' don't understand

Most of all, you've got to do it for the fans

Coo, coo, ca-choo, Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans hate you more than you will know (bohoo, bohoo)

Go away please, Mr. Gearon

Hawks fans can only pray

(Hey, hey, hey...hey, hey, hey)

sitting on a sofa on a sunday afternoon

Going to the Hawks forum

Lament about it, cry about it

When you've got to choose

Ev'ry way you look at it, you lose

Where have you gone Ted Turner,

the Hawks nation turns its lowly eyes to you, boohoo, boohoo,

what's that you say Mr. Gearon

Ted Turner has long left and gone away,

oh vey, oh vey, oh vey

• Premium Member
How can we be so sure Childress is telling the truth?

What championship team would let him start? The Spurs?

The Celtics wouldn't.

Maybe he is just inflating his story to make us look bad.

And why haven't we renounced his rights yet?

Surprise, surprise. I was waiting for you to chime in. You're getting too pedictable.

According to who? Childress is saying flat out they didn't offer what they said they offered. You are trying to insert the word "initially" into his quote. He didn't say that.

He did say It.... The did not "initially" thou.... I know this because He himself told me. That was there 2nd offer. When he went to sign it they told him to wait.

He did say It.... The did not "initially" thou.... I know this because He himself told me. That was there 2nd offer. When he went to sign it they told him to wait.

So they made him an offer but said he couldn't sign it then, he had to sign it later? Strange