Josh Howard (potential Hawk) Arrested

I don't know what speed they were doing, I was referring to several speeding tickets I got while stationed at Ft Bragg where I was going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. And no those tickets weren't given on base, they were in various places throughout North Carolina.

I'm not too sure that you have a great disclaimer there considering he was pulled over going around 40 over...

The fact of the matter is, if Smith is traded they are going to count on people hoping he was too "immature" to commit tens of millions of dollars to for a long period of time. Makes it hard to count on that when you trade for a guy that has both motivation and off-court decision questions that Smith doesn't have, no?

I'm not too sure that you have a great disclaimer there considering he was pulled over going around 40 over...

The fact of the matter is, if Smith is traded they are going to count on people hoping he was too "immature" to commit tens of millions of dollars to for a long period of time. Makes it hard to count on that when you trade for a guy that has both motivation and off-court decision questions that Smith doesn't have, no?

There is no excuse to be going anywhere near 40 mph over the speed limit, but that still doesn't change my opinion of him which is, was, and will be that I don't want him on our team and certainly not for Josh Smith. We can talk about Josh Smith being immature but you don't hear about him out getting arrested or talking publicly about smoking weed.

• Premium Member
North Carolina is notorious for things like that.

Sorry, Gray. I've gotta agree with Dolfan on this one.

My problem with NC law enforcement is that they have all kinds of enforcement on speeders, but yet we still have a huge issue of road rage and DUI's. Plus, it seems like speeding is more acceptable on non-interstate highways, which seems backwards to me.

Coachx,

Speeding and street racing are essentially the same things, no? There's just two of you speeding instead of one. I'm willing to see it differently, but thats how it appears to me. While certainly racing is stupid and dangerous, its not too much different than you or me driving on 285 at 100mph at 3 am.

This is how I see it.

1. There is usually gambling involed in a street race. Not only by the participants but by spectators.

2. 2 cars speeding at the same time together, while in a competitive state zipping down 285 at 2 AM is much more dangerous then one car speeding by itself in a non-competitve manner.

3. 99.999999% of the popualtion is guilty of speeding.

4. Hopefully only 1% or less is guilty of street racing.

I really can't see how one could debate that the levels of negligence between simply "speeding" and "street racing" are no different.

This is how I see it.

1. There is usually gambling involed in a street race. Not only by the participants but by spectators.

2. 2 cars speeding at the same time together, while in a competitive state zipping down 285 at 2 AM is much more dangerous then one car speeding by itself in a non-competitve manner.

3. 99.999999% of the popualtion is guilty of speeding.

4. Hopefully only 1% or less is guilty of street racing.

I really can't see how one could debate that the levels of negligence between simply "speeding" and "street racing" are no different.

Of course not all street racing is as you describe though, it could be as simple as 2 cars stopped at a red light and "racing" to the next light or whatever. Not that I am okay with that, but I'm sure many of us have done that at some point in our lives. I see that as being a lot different than the fast and furious version you are somewhat describing above.