• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Howard (potential Hawk) Arrested

This guy is not the type of player we want, and I said it from the beginning the rumored Prince-Amir package is much more beneficial for our team chemistry.

Josh Howard arrested for street racing

Mavericks guard Josh Howard was arrested in Winston-Salem, N.C. Thursday night for street racing, according to police.

Howard is facing charges of speeding, reckless driving, and speed competition, according to myFOXdfw's sister station myFOXwghp.com.

The website says an officer spotted Howard driving a black Lexus with a passenger on the city's west side.

Howard was taken to the Forsyth County magistrate's office and released on a written promise to appear in court on Sept. 23.

Howard graduated from Wake Forest and has been pro for five years.

This guy is not the type of player we want, and I said it from the beginning the rumored Prince-Amir package is much more beneficial for our team chemistry.

Josh Howard arrested for street racing

I can't hold this against him too much as North Carolina cops are probably the biggest d*cks out of any state I have ever lived in. It seems like they go out of their way to try and write tickets or arrest people.

Dolfan - -

Thanks for the compliment on NC police.

They write tickets? Imagine that! Law enforcement IS their job description.

I have two sons who are career law officers in N.C. Nice to know that someone

noticed that our officers are doing what they get paid to do.

Thanks again.

:conversation:

Dolfan - -

Thanks for the compliment on NC police.

They write tickets? Imagine that! Law enforcement IS their job description.

I have two sons who are career law officers in N.C. Nice to know that someone

noticed that our officers are doing what they get paid to do.

Thanks again.

:conversation:

Sorry if you felt personally attacked there Gray Mule, I'm just relating my personal experience from living there. I have no problem with law enforcement, but when an officer goes out of their way to give you a ticket for something as minor as 2-3 mph over the speed limit I think that's a problem. North Carolina is notorious for things like that.

I don't know about you, but there's no franchise that has millions of dollars tied up in my ability to play for them. And street racing is more than just the usual speeding. He's an idiot, plain and simple.

Edited by High5

Coachx,

Speeding and street racing are essentially the same things, no? There's just two of you speeding instead of one. I'm willing to see it differently, but thats how it appears to me. While certainly racing is stupid and dangerous, its not too much different than you or me driving on 285 at 100mph at 3 am.

That had to have been one boring race if he was only going 2-3 miles over the limit.

I don't know what speed they were doing, I was referring to several speeding tickets I got while stationed at Ft Bragg where I was going 2-3 mph over the speed limit. And no those tickets weren't given on base, they were in various places throughout North Carolina.

Street racing is more dangerous still, but like I said earlier, none of us normal people have millions of dollars riding on us not being paralyzed, in jail or dead. That makes anything he does illegal and/or dangerous 10x more idiotic. I know I'd be a lot more grateful for the gift he has been given.

I can't hold this against him too much as North Carolina cops are probably the biggest d*cks out of any state I have ever lived in. It seems like they go out of their way to try and write tickets or arrest people.

Them In SC cops are the worst!!! I know from first hand. I have lived in the states of Maryland, Va, SC, Ga, and D.C.

ALL MY (4) TICKETS HAVE COME IN SC. The only way they will let you go if you have a kid in the car with you. My kids have got me out of 3 other tickets. LOL

I'm, so glad to be living in GA. I have not had a ticket since I moved here in 2001 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Street racing is more dangerous still, but like I said earlier, none of us normal people have millions of dollars riding on us not being paralyzed, in jail or dead. That makes anything he does illegal and/or dangerous 10x more idiotic. I know I'd be a lot more grateful for the gift he has been given.

I'm sure that if Josh Howard was paralyzed, in jail, or dead how well the Dallas Mavericks fared would be the least of his worries.

Them In SC cops are the worst!!! I know from first hand. I have lived in the states of Maryland, Va, SC, Ga, and D.C.

ALL MY (4) TICKETS HAVE COME IN SC. The only way they will let you go if you have a kid in the car with you. My kids have got me out of 3 other tickets. LOL

I'm, so glad to be living in GA. I have not had a ticket since I moved here in 2001 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Glad our GA officers are letting you drive like an idiot while endangering the lives of your kids (and mine). I love this "Cops GIVE me tickets" mentality some have on this board. They weren't given to you, you earned em.

And for those of you who think street racing is the same as speeding must have never actually been in a race I take it. Sure speeding is a common denomenator in the two but racing is much more envolved (taking away from your reaction time ie. baby stroller crossing the road) than you're giving it credit for.

I'm sure that if Josh Howard was paralyzed, in jail, or dead how well the Dallas Mavericks fared would be the least of his worries.

That doesn't change the fact that he has added responsibility because of who he is. And I'd feel worse about the situation if I let so many people down with so much invested into me.

Glad our GA officers are letting you drive like an idiot while endangering the lives of your kids (and mine). I love this "Cops GIVE me tickets" mentality some have on this board. They weren't given to you, you earned em.

And for those of you who think street racing is the same as speeding must have never actually been in a race I take it. Sure speeding is a common denomenator in the two but racing is much more envolved (taking away from your reaction time ie. baby stroller crossing the road) than you're giving it credit for.

not always true. because once when I was in South Carolina where my family is from we went through the city that u damn near have to drive slow motion in. We get there barely miving then a guy crossed the street so we had to slow down even more than right after a cop pulls us over a said we were driving 52 MPH and gave us a 180 dollar ticket. We weren't even driving 30 MPH. After we got to my families house they told us how when the cops see those out of state tags they love to pull them over.

and to the other guy that mentioned South Carolina,they didn't care about kids becase I was one.My Parents and my 2 sisters were in the car.

Edited by Cwell