• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks To Match

joshuaneder

• Premium Member

No, but Sekou is more so, and appears to have been right about the Hawks holding steady at $45M.

But there should be no question about it, the Hawks match this ASAP and move on with their summer. We all move on our with our summer.

The Grizzlies just did the heavy lifting here folks. All the Hawks hahve to do is match it and move on or let Smith walk and move on.

I think this was the Hawks' plan all along with both Joshes - let them sign an offer sheet and then decide if they want to match.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-bl...re_games_s.html

Edited by ifthenwouldi

If the offer is as we have all heard...some form of a 5-58 deal, the Hawks would be crazy not to match. Even if there is some friction within the organization vs. Josh - that's a reasonable (and very tradeable) contract. It would be insane not to match knowing that you could turn around and trade him for value as soon as the rules allow and that there would then be a bunch of teams willing to offer you value in return.

Personally I think we will match and keep him though. Smoove highlights are so marketable and lotsa people come to Phillips to watch him. With our performance against Boston last year we may get some Nat. TV next year - and Smoove will be a big part of why.

Actually...as screwed up as the Childress situation was...if he had gotten an offer from an NBA team for anywhere near easonable value, they probably would have matched that too. Not to defend the ASG too much, but that's just my guess. Now let's take what's left of the MLE and get another piece!

'With our performance against Boston last year we may get some Nat. TV next year - and Smoove will be a big part of why.'

we are already gonna be on National TV

the game vs the Celtics will be there

Im glad it seems Josh Smith will be there too

Go Hawks!