• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Congrats (to Us) Smoove Is Signed

gsuteke

The Memphis Grizzlies did us Hawks Fans a favor by negotiating a contract with Josh Smith that our inept FO couldn't.

I don't think the ASG deserves credit for holding out and saving 0.7 million a year against what Josh was supposedly asking for originally, which btw was at or less than the market dictated by what other FAs signed for this offseason.

These guys (the ASG) are jackasses and as long as they own the team I have little to no confidence that the Hawks can win a Championship.

The Hawks will remain my one and only NBA team, however I hope the ASG is gone and sooner than later. I'll root for the Hawks in spite of those jackasses.

The key tho Teke....is that the flocking ASG would have been tempted to keep the lowball going on JS.

This fixed it. Congrats to Memphis for their PR move to their fans and congrats to the ASG for stepping up. I can't wait to see the "opt out" portion of this contract. My guess is that JS will have a 3rd or 4th year player option. That's fine with me - 3/4 years in the NBA is an eternity.... :beer:

I think David Stern was like "you know what F this, Atlanta is a huge sports market and these jackasses are going lose the leauge some money. Hey Memphis can you please offer a deal so they can get this over with?"

Wow. ***Massive sigh of relief***. Agree on the ASG, but right now just really, really glad this is over with. I was fully expecting this to carry on into the month of September at least, given the apparent inertia shown so often by the ASG group and the glacial pace at which they usually work. So thank you, Memphis!

I just hope there are no lingering hard feelings by Smith, and that this RFA experience (and Chillz experience too) doesn't leave a bad taste in Smoove's mouth or anyone else's. It's all over with. Time to focus on basketball, and taking the Hawks the next step forward.

I think David Stern was like "you know what F this, Atlanta is a huge sports market and these jackasses are going lose the leauge some money. Hey Memphis can you please offer a deal so they can get this over with?"

Stern better be worrying about the other ref Donaghy called before and after every game.

I'm ecstatic right now. I never dreamed Sund/ASG will handle it so quick. I'm ready to purchase League Pass! F my wallet, I may buy a few tickets! This is what made me nervous for the last year, and now we can finally breathe. Finally I can rest in peace knowing that for the next five years the league's finest five tool player and most exciting dunker rape defenses and offenses in a HAWKS jersey! Hallelujah! I can change my signature! :headphones: :friends1: :line dance: