• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GT's new Offense

DJlaysitup

I can never, ever figure out why more college football coaches don't run the option. I lived out in Denver when the Cornhuskers were running it to a tee under Tom Osbourne. They were top 5-10 every year...even won a National Championship with that offense. I really think it is just as good a college offensive scheme as any of them. You have to have the right players of course - therefore I think GT's results will be mixed this year. But if you have stud O linemen - 2 or 3 good running backs - and a good ole Texas kid running the show (that's where you get option QB's - cause that's about the only place they run it well)....you can run teams right off the field. You get a QB like Tommy Frazier and you can dominate.

The misdirection plays can kill a defense. LBs and Safeties have to "hold their ground" or they will over-run the play and be going the wrong direction on a 40 yard run. Plus - if they do stay in place - and you have a strong interior O line you can just hand off to the fullback and run over the interior linemen and MLBacker....5 yards - 7 yards - 6 yards - lotsa first downs. Once they get pissed and cheat inside you go wide and burn them. If you have a guy like Tommy Frazier you go wide and he steps back - throws a deep pass over the middle to the weak side slot guy and there won't be a defender within 15 yards of him.

I just like the offensive scheme - I know it's not a pro offense - but it works.

West Coast Offense.

The passing game is a lot sexier. May have something to do with recruiting the top guys. But I think that some things in sports go in cycles and the option has fallen out of favor. i really like the coach. Great presence. What I wish Woody had. Give him a year or two and I think he will have Tech up there with the big boys.

I didn't see the game. It look like they got off to a great start. The spread offense or whatever it is called is the new it offense in CFB today. It is nice to a change out there. If GT can make a serious run at a BCS bowl we could see it being brought back. GT should be able to land a few top notch RB if they have success with it.

I didn't see the game. It look like they got off to a great start. The spread offense or whatever it is called is the new it offense in CFB today. It is nice to a change out there. If GT can make a serious run at a BCS bowl we could see it being brought back. GT should be able to land a few top notch RB if they have success with it.

Now you know why Georgia Southern has won so many Championships!

• 2 weeks later...