• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are there any High School Football fans here?

Swatguy

My alma mater Richmond Academy, lol. I try to at least check the paper and see how they fared. For some reason Augusta schools are just so so and if they do make it to the state playoffs, they're not known as storied teams, like our surrounding county schools, Lincoln and Washington Counties where they are main schools and have depth unlike Augusta with 10 or so teams.

YES! YES! YES!

I've followed High School football for a few years, about 60 something years, to be truthful.

Miss a few games now days, but not too many. Our current HS team is weak, but I'm still

going to the games.

I have watched HS players from teams we have played over the years, go on to play in college

and on to the pros. Nice to see a player on TV and think, "I saw him play in HS."

Great, cheap entertainment. For less than 10 bucks, you can see your favorite team and enjoy

a bag of popcorn and a coke. Hard to beat that.

Usually, you are surrounded by fans you know and the fellowship is a great bonus!!

:biggrin:

I don't really watch football, but when I was in 9th grade I went to Fayette County High School. I remember watching a WR #21 on Sandy Creek (our rival school) absolutely destroy us. It just so happens that #21 just happens to play for the Detroit Lions, now.

For those who haven't caught on, #21 is Calvin Johnson.