• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

NBA Live 09- Terrible.

mattlanta

Overall ratings are almost irrelevant. I'm sure JJ will play somewhat acurately on the court, regardless of overall rating.

I have the demos for both Live and 2K and have plaed both avidly for a looooooong time. Both games this year a very enjoyable.

2K is a heavily simulation based game that depicts the players extremley well on the court. For a basketball nut like myself, this simulation accuracy makes the game enjoyable, along with the accurate broadcast style presentation.

NBA Live plays very differently. The animations are reasonably solid, but very generic and don't differentiate the players as individuals so mch which is dissapointing. The gameplay mechanics and controls are quite fun though, and is probably better to just pick up and play against a friend.

Like every year, I will get both games and enjoy them. Maybe not for everyone though.

• 3 weeks later...
i rented live and 2k9, but i ended up buying live.

speaking of ratings, on live josh smith is a 79, but that's because they put his natural position at SF. if you move his natural position to PF, he becomes an 82.

I'm guessing Diesel was not invited on board as a consultant to the NBA Live Ratings Team when they made up the Hawks?