• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Steve Holman: 'Sorry to the blogosphere, but Flip & Mo are a huge upgrade at this position

f_town

I knew Mo and Chill were different players, but I always thought Mo could be just as impactful doing what he does if not more impactful. Last night was an early indication that it's true. We'll see.

Edited by High5

Holman's Take On The Hawks Win

Permalink Posted by: Micah Hart at 1:48PM EST on October 7, 2008

A great start to the preseason with last night's 118-101 win at Orlando. The Hawks bench was the story - after struggling in camp against the Hawks starters for most of last week, several players got untracked last night with impressive performances that will hopefully be a sign of things to come.

I emailed Voice of the Hawks Steve Holman this morning to get his take on last night's affair, and here were his five things to take away from the action:

1. If Acie Law plays the way he did last night we should be in great shape at PG with him backing up a healthy Mike Bibby.

2. After just one game, the addition of veterans Mo Evans and Flip Murray brings stability to the second unit.

3. Al Horford looks great. He is ready to pick up where he left off last year. He played with loads of confidence.

4. Marvin hit his first 3-point shot of the night, something he worked on all summer.

5. Joe was Joe and Bibby was Bibby. They both looked very comfortable with each other and the rest of the first unit.