• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Took a long lunch, bought 2k9 and got a game in

Admin

I played with 8 minute quarters with the default lineup and I didn't have to change a single setting from the time I started the game to have a lot of fun and it felt very realistic. The Magic ended up beating me 103-92 but that was partly because I was 8-18 at the free throw line, which seems to have gotten more realistic per player.

On my very first play Marvin was wide open for 3 so I took it and clank, the announcer says "what was he thinking he must have bonked his head" (or something like that) which was hilarious. Marvin finished as my 2nd leading scorer behind Al but nobody had more than 19 and all 5 starters scored in the teens so it was well rounded.

Dwight absolutely killed me with 26, 14, 5 assists and 6 blocks.

The game is a hell of a lot of fun though and I am dying to get home to play another game after work. In fact I'd probably play all night tonight if it weren't for that damn debate LOL.

I've already gotten a lot of things from my parents this year, so I won't just randomly go off and buy games. I'll just ask for it for Christmas. So far so good on the reviews though. I was starting to think that it was kinda bad since the game kinda looks the same as last year's.

And Al Horford was your leading scorer... so does that mean it's so easy to score in the post again this year?

can't wait 2 try. damn finger is going to keep me from playing.

debate sum:

Mc- we'll keep on doing it the mavrick way

Ob- we need change for the middle class

there's the debate for ya

I've already gotten a lot of things from my parents this year, so I won't just randomly go off and buy games. I'll just ask for it for Christmas. So far so good on the reviews though. I was starting to think that it was kinda bad since the game kinda looks the same as last year's.

And Al Horford was your leading scorer... so does that mean it's so easy to score in the post again this year?

The scoring from inside or out is about the same as last year, the only difference being that passing is more difficult because the CPU is more intelligent and shotblocking is vastly improved.

Horford was my leading scorer because that's how I play. I like to break down the D with the PG and feed it into the post. Bibby can make some pretty slick passes, even though he's not great at breaking his man down.

The biggest in-game changes are that the CPU will lay off weak outside shooters, help defense is greatly improved, shotblocking is vastly improved, and the players seem to have a more natural movement to them.

The biggest non-in-game changes are that the new interface is really sweet, it auto-updates all of your settings based on the real stats from the players, and Kenny Smith is no longer an announcer. I can't remember the guys name who replaced him, but I like him better.

Of course I've only played one game so far so I'm sure I'll notice other things. As far as you asking for it for Christmas, why not trade in some old games that you don't play to cover the cost?

can't wait 2 try. damn finger is going to keep me from playing.

debate sum:

Mc- we'll keep on doing it the mavrick way

Ob- we need change for the middle class

there's the debate for ya

Ha, well I hope the debate is a little more interesting than that but you're probably right.

Anyone know when the release date will be for NBA2k9 for Wii? I refuse to buy anymore PS2 games. If they're not gonna' release one soon, I might just buy the PC version coming out later this month.

Is Randolph Morris not on the game?I can't find him anywhere.

I haven't looked for him on other rosters so he might still be on the Knicks, but I didn't see him in the FA pool.

So far I am 1-3 with double digit losses to the Magic, Hornets, and Raptors and a double digit win against the Sixers. We have a really tough start to this season!

Yeah, the rosters need to be tweaked. Salm is still on the roster. Morris and Hunter aren't. I just played a game on my lunch break.

Man, it's hard to stop the top PF's and C's. Brand and Howard have absolutely murdered me. They just back Horford and Smith down so low I can't stop them. But I always beat them back down the court.

Yeah, the rosters need to be tweaked. Salm is still on the roster. Morris and Hunter aren't. I just played a game on my lunch break.

Man, it's hard to stop the top PF's and C's. Brand and Howard have absolutely murdered me. They just back Horford and Smith down so low I can't stop them. But I always beat them back down the court.

Yeah that's pretty much been my experience as well. The best thing you can do is put a body on them before they get into position on the low block and box them out if a shot goes up.

Wait till you play the Hornets, they absolutely murdered me in the 2nd half as Petersen and Posey combined for almost 70 points because my guys kept trying to "help" me on Chandler (I like to play as Horford) so they kept leaving them open and freaking Chris Paul had 28 assists :(

Yeah that's pretty much been my experience as well. The best thing you can do is put a body on them before they get into position on the low block and box them out if a shot goes up.

Wait till you play the Hornets, they absolutely murdered me in the 2nd half as Petersen and Posey combined for almost 70 points because my guys kept trying to "help" me on Chandler (I like to play as Horford) so they kept leaving them open and freaking Chris Paul had 28 assists :(

I was playing the Hornets before my lunch break ended and Chandler was destroying me on the defensive end. He had like 8 blocks at halftime. And Peterson had 3 three's. I kept Paul in Check. Used Bibby and made him take the outside jumper.

Oh, if you go to coaching, (i think it's pressure/non pressure) you can set how you want your guys to man up. for instance you might want Joe to play Mo Pete tight since he's not really going to drive past anyone. And you can tell Horford to deny Chandler the ball.

Also, every time a time out is called, click the left trigger on 360 and you can choose an area you want to focus on. Shot selection, defense, and a couple of others. I've usually picked defense and they come out of the time out and start locking down guys and creating turnovers.

I was playing the Hornets before my lunch break ended and Chandler was destroying me on the defensive end. He had like 8 blocks at halftime. And Peterson had 3 three's. I kept Paul in Check. Used Bibby and made him take the outside jumper.

Oh, if you go to coaching, (i think it's pressure/non pressure) you can set how you want your guys to man up. for instance you might want Joe to play Mo Pete tight since he's not really going to drive past anyone. And you can tell Horford to deny Chandler the ball.

Also, every time a time out is called, click the left trigger on 360 and you can choose an area you want to focus on. Shot selection, defense, and a couple of others. I've usually picked defense and they come out of the time out and start locking down guys and creating turnovers.

Yeah Paul wasn't really scoring on me too much but he kept finding guys open and it was driving me nuts. At the end of the game I found that focus on an area thing out of a timeout and I noticed that focusing on D did help some. I'll try adjusting how my guys play D on each player this evening and hopefully that will help. I have to admit that I kind of like losing though because after I smoked the Sixers I was worried that I might have already figured the game out.

That's kind of low for 2K not to have some of our offseason signings and still having some people who we let go of (Salim) on the roster. That doesn't sound like 2K Sports to me- sounds like EA Sports. Anyways, I'll play the game only when they release a roster update, which won't be for a while I'm guessing. It's such a pain in the butt to set up the internet connection with my computer just to download the rosters and whatnot. So yeah...

Anyone willing to put up the Hawks roster/ratings though?

Another really cool addition to 2k this year is that they have added +/- for every player for each game plus they have added efficiency, pure point rating, true shooting %, effective fg%, assist ratio, turnover ratio, and possessions. So far my 1-5 Hawks are being lead in many categories by Josh Smith with big Al a little behind him. I'm having a lot of difficulty scoring with Joe Johnson but I seem to remember it was that way last year until I learned his shot so hopefully he'll come around but until then he's killing me missing so many jump shots.

Another really cool addition to 2k this year is that they have added +/- for every player for each game plus they have added efficiency, pure point rating, true shooting %, effective fg%, assist ratio, turnover ratio, and possessions. So far my 1-5 Hawks are being lead in many categories by Josh Smith with big Al a little behind him. I'm having a lot of difficulty scoring with Joe Johnson but I seem to remember it was that way last year until I learned his shot so hopefully he'll come around but until then he's killing me missing so many jump shots.

Yeah, I struggled with him initially as well. I had to drive to the whole to score because I couldn't hit a jumper. You have to release just before he gets to the top of his jump. I mean, a split second. You wouldn't believe how many wide open 3's I bricked trying to figure out his release point.

by the way, have you tried the coaching development? Every time I try the game freezes.

Yeah, I struggled with him initially as well. I had to drive to the whole to score because I couldn't hit a jumper. You have to release just before he gets to the top of his jump. I mean, a split second. You wouldn't believe how many wide open 3's I bricked trying to figure out his release point.

by the way, have you tried the coaching development? Every time I try the game freezes.

Yeah it was the same way last year, I just hope I figure it out before I get frustrated with losing and trade him LOL.

Hmm I'm not even sure what the coaching development is ... but let me be the typical negative Hawks fan for a moment, perhaps it's freezing because Woody can't be developed? ... okay back to normal now, nope I haven't tried it. What's that about?

i've been doing developments...i like them better this year b/c they added more drills that can actually help you when playing...the challenge shot is really good, and 3pt shooting is cool too....i had to put Marv on there to help out his rating...the CAP feature kinda bothers me b/c the facial sliders are limited...there arent any eyebrows, so the created players all look like they have drawn on eyebrows...yikes!...overall good game, defense is wayyyy improved