• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

IF Odom to Miami, Jones to Memphis.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...all/6512165.htm

In reply to:

The future of Eddie Jones, however, would be in question if Odom joins the Heat. Should the Clippers not match the offer, the Heat would then have three players with large, long-term contracts (Odom, Jones and Brian Grant). Clearly the roster would still not be a championship caliber one, and Riley could choose to trade Jones for expiring contracts that would allow him to add another quality free agent next summer.

Memphis has expressed an interest in Jones and has three players (Brevin Knight, Wesley Person and Stromile Swift) whose contracts expire after next season and have been mentioned in trade talk.

Excuse me.. But I like this trade. I would love to get in it.

Miami doesn't need these players... Save maybe Knight. However, I think they'd take Theo?

With a little switching....

Jones/Allen/CC/Dickau to Memphis.

Wade/Persons/Lo to Atlanta.

Knight/Theo to Miami.

[censored], I'd try it:

Wade/JT/Persons/SAR/Lo.....

• Premium Member

Lo works better with what we have than Theo does.

I can see a combo of Lo/Nazr being all that we need at C.

Lo and Nazr are big Bodies that can run and rebound. That's really all we need from the C position. Theo without other defensive pieces is about the most worthless thing you can put on a court. Let's be realistic... SAR & JT are average defenders at best...

But Look at Theo's most effective year.

He played with Philly besides:

AI - Steals Leader.

McKie - Good One on one defender.

Ty Hill - Good defensive player/rebounder.

Snow - Good One on one defensive player.

Lynch - Good defensive player.

FOr Larry Brown... A coach who knew how to take advantage of all those pieces.

That Philly team knew how to play the passing lanes, and as they demonstrated against LAL and Kobe, they knew how to shut down a Shooting gaurd and how to play Shaq one on one...

Coming to Atlanta, he doesn't have Ty Hill and Matt Gieger to help him defensively and to grab boards. He doesn't have AI stealing the ball. He doesn't have Snow, Lynch, and McKie keeping opponents from driving the lane. So mostly, on PHilly's team, he was really good backside help. For us, we need backside and frontside help. Teams do layup drills and try to dunk on Theo and get him in foul trouble because they know he's all we have. Look at Arenas blowing past JT putting up 35 points.

With Lo, we move into a more viable direction.... That being OFfense. For us to be good, we need to be able to outrebound our opponent and to be able to look for 10-15 points from the C position. I think Lo can easily be a 12/11 C giving the playing time and right coaching.

On Memphis' team, Lo doesn't work... Hubie plays a lot of defensive trapping and offensively, the C is rarely used for Scoring. The question becomes... What about Lo? Actually, Memphis would be a good place for Theo.

Theo/Gasol/Battier/Jones/Bell.

I don't know if this is what West is getting at... But I'd happily send Theo/CC to Memphis for Lo/Persons.

you HATED him! You tagged him with the knickname "Lazy Lo" and said that he was a horrible player with a terrible work ethic. Now, because you want to trade Theo so much, you think we need to bring him back. It is amazing to me the you have the audacity to even suggest bringing him back. Did you think everyone forgot how much you hated Lo? You said:

" I think Lo can easily be a 12/11 C giving the playing time and right coaching."

Well your man Lenny coached him and he couldn't get off the bench. Are you saying that Lenny wasn't the right coach for the Hawks?

You must REALLY hate Theo. You are willing to bring back the hated Lo AND admit that Lenny wasn't the right coach if it means we can trade him! This is hilarious! It's just like your old rival Walter wanting to bring DJ back after he called him worthless for 2 straight years. Walter wanted to trade Dog so bad that he used bringing DJ back as an excuse to trade him. I guess that's why you guys fought so much, you think just alike!

Diesel is right about Theo..Theo is a worthless player

to this team. His blocks doesn't mean squat. I mean,

I'd rather have a center than can score and rebound

over 7 points and 3 blocks that really isn't the one on

one defender people make him out to be.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

you HATED him! You tagged him with the knickname "Lazy Lo" and said that he was a horrible player with a terrible work ethic.

Get it straight...

His first year here, I labeled him Lazy Lo because he racked up 4 fouls in 5 minutes. I felt that he needed to work on his footwork and defense.

He did.

His second year, I liked him a little better. But I was not against trading him for SAR. Truth be known, certain trades have to be made. That was one.

I don't hate Theo. I think Theo would be more effective if we had a different team. Go out and get us AI, Lynch, Deke, and D. Anderson... ANd I think Theo would be a perfect fit. The point is that we don't have a team that can support Theo.

In reply to:

Well your man Lenny coached him and he couldn't get off the bench. Are you saying that Lenny wasn't the right coach for the Hawks?

I think that Lenny didn't use Lo right... BUt Lenny was forced to use Lo primarily as a BU C too. I mean, we had LO and No one else save rookie Cal Bowdler.

The picture was also clouded by Hendu and L. Ellis.

Some people give Lenny slack for playing Hendu at PF... However, if you compare Hendu's numbers in 1999-2000 to any numbers that Lo has ever put up, Lo has never approached what Hendu did in PPG, apg, or pf per game.

The truly sad part about Lo, Why I call him lazy Lo, is that he averaged 1.0 MORE PF per game than Hendu did and he played 1/2 the time that Hendu played. In order to understand what that means, you have to understand how PFs effect the flow of the game.

But Lo was a young player, he learned. He curved the PFs down. He is still a good rebounder and can be counted on to put up about 12 ppg. I think with good coaching (not that stuff that Kruger was doing) that Lo could be a 12/10 player at C maybe 12/11.