• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ga vs Fla

DrReality

• Moderators

I think the entire key to the game will be whether UGA's defense stops UF's offense. I expect that UGA's offense will put some real points on the board but I haven't been impressed with UGA's defense lately. If they step up and shut UF down, we will win. If UF blows us out of the water on offense, we aren't going to be so explosive that we will be able to keep up. I see that as the big variable in the game.

georgia:

front seven...especially their linebacker play....charles scott had some nices holes throughout the lsu game....if those gaps are open for harvin,demps,rainey....could be a long day 4 ugas defense......blitz tebow constantly...(see miami, ole miss game)

florida:

moreno has to be held in check...he's been runnging wild the last 2 weeks....presser on stafford, cant let him beat u with his arm, big yards, 30+ plays.....cant let anyone besides ugas big 3 have a career game....speed,speed,speed...

have a feeling its gets out off hand either way.....again decided by 10+ points

Its going to be a battle of who turns the ball over the least. The team on the wrong side of the turnover battle will loose.

I think UGA wins the game 39-30

UGA's defense hasn't been good at stopping long drives, but they are creating turnovers. If the Dogs can force Tebow into 80 yard drives, Tebow will make mistakes in the passing game. Stafford on the other hand is a more polished passer and tends not to make nearly as many bad decissions when throwing the ball. I actually like UGA's recievers better than UFA's (that is probably the first time I have ever thought that). I like UFAs front 7 better than UGA's though.

I feel differently about the game every day. Today I'm feeling pretty good about Georgia. Scott gave us problems last week, but he's more of a power back than Florida's RBs. I think we handle speed better. Florida also has a weaker OL. Hopefully Ellerbe is effective tomorrow and not just out there hurting because we're going to need him. More than the defense, this game comes down to Stafford and Moreno. If Moreno has another spectacular day I like our chances, if they gear up to slow Moreno down I trust Stafford to find Green, MoMass, and Moore all day. Florida has a more explosive offense, but when push comes to shove I'll take our balance and ability to grind it out with Moreno every time.

102508_fb_uga_MORENO_kl.jpg

Edited by High5

I think they have to play a near perfect game tomorrow to win, or at least force the Gators into mistakes. We have to keep getting better, which has not happened week to week. They showed more of their potential last week and that's headed in the right direction.

Heard Lundquest on the radio today and he said he was really impressed with the way that Stafford managed the game. He's got to hit some long balls.

Key as people said is our defense stopping their offense, or at least making tebow read the defense. As long as our front 4 can hold their ground, our LB's should be able to match up great with their speed. I think you gotta make Tebow read the defense, instead of lineup and attack positions/formations with their set plays. Means we gotta really mix up the blitz and coverage schemes (bump/close, loose, tampa2)...zone blitz to keep attack coming from different positions etc.

But just about everyone has Florida by large margin on this game. Its gonna be tough, i hope we can ball control and keep them at 3rd and long.

Edited by hussamga

This team lacks the mental toughness/discipline to be a truly elite team.

*Sigh*

You said it. The talent is there, no doubt, but it seems like something will happen in a game due to their lack of discipline (penalty negating turnover - see first TD drives, Alabama, Florida) and then they won't have the mental fortitude to overcome it.

They left so many points out on the field in the first half, but they were still only down two scores. An elite team would have come out in the 2nd half and overcome that, but after Stafford horribly underthrew AJ Green to kill the opening drive/set up Florida's 3rd score they just laid down.

Downright embarrassing. This team is undisciplined and mentally weak. Florida deserves to represent the East.