The worst part about NBA League Pass Broadband

Admin

Is seeing that damn Celtics (or should I say Kevin Garnett) commercial at EVERY commercial break. I have a feeling that will be the case for the entire season too.

Other than that and the occasionally poor quality and lag I have been impressed with it and it's a hell of a lot better than trying to find a stream of the game online someplace.

And all the Hawks games being blacked out.

Do you live in the Georgia area? The only games that have been blacked out to me are when the Rockets, Spurs, or Mavericks play at home. Other than that I've been able to watch any game I wanted, but most importantly I've seen both Hawks games.

Clearly this is an awesome service for someone following an out of market team. I can't watch the Hawks on it but have been able to watch a ton of other games. I wish I could capture the stream and save it to my hard drive where I could watch later but I haven't figured out a way to do that yet. I am trying to decide if I want to buy this. I have on occasion had some quality issues. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the buffer? I wouldn't mind waiting for a few minutes if it would prevent the choppiness.

Edited by BeeSwatter

Is seeing that damn Celtics (or should I say Kevin Garnett) commercial at EVERY commercial break. I have a feeling that will be the case for the entire season too.

Other than that and the occasionally poor quality and lag I have been impressed with it and it's a hell of a lot better than trying to find a stream of the game online someplace.

Yeah so far I am bypassing that problem by going to the sound of another game. Right now I am watching 3 games at once and it's pretty awesome. If I could watch the hawks games locally too I would get it. As is, I'll wait and see but will probably cave eventually.

Another complaint would be that you have to choose between watching multiple games and going full screen. I'd like to do the 3 game setup full screen.

Edited by Lascar78

Yeah so far I am bypassing that problem by going to the sound of another game. Right now I am watching 3 games at once and it's pretty awesome. If I could watch the hawks games locally too I would get it. As is, I'll wait and see but will probably cave eventually.

Another complaint would be that you have to choose between watching multiple games and going full screen. I'd like to do the 3 game setup full screen.

So you're watching 3 games at the same time and not having problems with the quality? The quality is only decent for me watching 1 game full screen and I have a 10mb connection so that shouldn't be a problem.

So you're watching 3 games at the same time and not having problems with the quality? The quality is only decent for me watching 1 game full screen and I have a 10mb connection so that shouldn't be a problem.

Quality is ok watching 3 games, not great but ok. Quality is only decent watching full screen, but I still would like the option to roll with 3 games on the full screen.

Do you live in the Georgia area? The only games that have been blacked out to me are when the Rockets, Spurs, or Mavericks play at home. Other than that I've been able to watch any game I wanted, but most importantly I've seen both Hawks games.

How in the hell can the NBA justify blacking you out of three markets?

How in the hell can the NBA justify blacking you out of three markets?

My guess is that they don't realize that Texas is so big and that those cities aren't exactly close together. I think the whole blackout thing in all sports is ridiculous.

I thought I would update this by saying that I am EXTREMELY impressed with how much better the quality has gotten since the 1st game. I feel like I'm watching a standard definition game now and it rarely lags or gets fuzzy or blurry or anything.

I'm also really happy that for the first time it seems that they have made the right decision and used the home teams announcers for every broadcast. Last year it seemed extremely skewed against the Hawks as I'd say 2/3 of the games were from the oppositions announcers. While I'm not blown away listening to Nique it's a hell of a lot better than listening to the other teams homers during a game in Atlanta.

I'm just REALLY pissed it got blacked out AGAIN last night for me. If its like this the whole season I will be raising holy hell.

I wonder what the radius is for being blacked out. I know that I can watch the Hornets and Oklahoma City games but I can't watch any of the Texas teams games.

Have you tried to contact anyone about the blackout rules? I don't blame you for being pissed and I'd want my money back if I kept missing Hawks games.

I'm going to call someone big time if I miss the Celtics game. I've missed four except for the OKC and Orlando. I will definitely be calling for a full refund if thats the blackout rate. I understand blacking out the Grizzlies but good grief...get your act together!

I'm going to call someone big time if I miss the Celtics game. I've missed four except for the OKC and Orlando. I will definitely be calling for a full refund if thats the blackout rate. I understand blacking out the Grizzlies but good grief...get your act together!

Are you able to watch the games once they are "archived"?