• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Could we trade Al/Speedy for Kaman?

Plainview1981

Successful Trade Scenario

Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to Atlanta and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Atlanta and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID

Trade ID #4829120

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

Atlanta Trade Breakdown

Change in Team Outlook: +4.7 ppg, +2.7 rpg, and -0.8 apg.

Incoming Players

Chris Kaman

7-0 C from Central Michigan

14.3 ppg, 10.8 rpg, 1.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Outgoing Players

Al Horford

6-9 PF from Florida

9.6 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 2.6 apg in 30.2 minutes

Speedy Claxton

5-11 PG from Hofstra

No games yet played in 2008-2009

Wow. Al has more value than Kaman, and I dont think we are desperate enough to get rid of Speedy´s contract to do it.

How about Zaza/Speedy/2010 1st for Kaman.

Kaman outproduces Al..... Is a Legit center... Can score inside (something Al can't seem to do) and is only 26 himself. Chris is a better player than Al and his whopping 9PPG 8RPG. Al's production is at a role player type of level.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Kaman outproduces Al..... Is a Legit center... Can score inside (something Al can't seem to do) and is only 26 himself. Chris is a better player than Al and his whopping 9PPG 8RPG. Al's production is at a role player type of level.

I would bet money that if you took a survey of NBA GMs and scouts on who has more value -- Horf or Kaman -- Horf would win by a hefty margin.

I would bet money that if you took a survey of NBA GMs and scouts on who has more value -- Horf or Kaman -- Horf would win by a hefty margin.

Didn't the scouts also say that JJ doesn't have what it takes to be a number 1 guy? You should also take a look at some of the terrible deals GM's make. I really could care less about either's opinion.

I'll take substance over hype. Al is more hype than he is substance. Josh goes down and the defense goes to pieces. Where is Al? He had 2 big shot blocking games. But he couldn't continue to play big. His offense is mediocre.... Doesn't really do much to help you there.

Didn't the scouts also say that JJ doesn't have what it takes to be a number 1 guy? You should also take a look at some of the terrible deals GM's make. I really could care less about either's opinion.

I'll take substance over hype. Al is more hype than he is substance. Josh goes down and the defense goes to pieces. Where is Al? He had 2 big shot blocking games. But he couldn't continue to play big. His offense is mediocre.... Doesn't really do much to help you there.

The point is, while Kaman may be better this year, who is gonna be better in 2 years?

Horf

Who is gonna be better in 5 years?

Horf

Horf has waaay more potential as a franchise cornerstone than Kaman. I could pull out all the stats of who was "better" at respective points in their careers (Horf 1st and 2nd years vs Kaman 1st and 2nd year), but I dont need to go there (let´s just say Horf comes out a good bit ahead).

I disagree with you on Kaman being more valuable than Horf, but i wont belabor the point.

Al don't even look better so far this year than he did as a rookie. I don't think he is going to improve much. I'm not seeing anything that suggest that he will get better. He is perhaps a slightly worse Emeka.

His first year playing 30PPG+ Chris bested Al's numbers at 11.9PPG 9.6RPG against Al's 10.1PPG 9.7RPG.

This Josh Smith/Al combo at PF/C ain't cutting it.

The point is, while Kaman may be better this year, who is gonna be better in 2 years?

Horf

Who is gonna be better in 5 years?

Horf

Horf has waaay more potential as a franchise cornerstone than Kaman. I could pull out all the stats of who was "better" at respective points in their careers (Horf 1st and 2nd years vs Kaman 1st and 2nd year), but I dont need to go there (let´s just say Horf comes out a good bit ahead).

I disagree with you on Kaman being more valuable than Horf, but i wont belabor the point.

His first year playing 30PPG+ Chris bested Al's numbers at 11.9PPG 9.6RPG against Al's 10.1PPG 9.7RPG.

But I believe that was his 3rd year in the league, which isn't a fair comparison to Al.... and in any event, LOL, those numbers are almost identical... which means Al was able to do in his rookie season, what Kaman did in his 3rd year in the league. Ummm yeah.

I just think trading Al for Kaman right now would be the equivalent of having traded Smoove for AK47 2 years ago.

But I believe that was his 3rd year in the league, which isn't a fair comparison to Al.... and in any event, LOL, those numbers are almost identical... which means Al was able to do in his rookie season, what Kaman did in his 3rd year in the league. Ummm yeah.

I just think trading Al for Kaman right now would be the equivalent of having traded Smoove for AK47 2 years ago.

So far it doesn't look as if Al has got any better this year. He might be as good as he is going to get. It pretty much looks that way. I'm not seeing where he is going to improve much. I don't see him rebounding much more and he isn't the most overly skilled player on the offensive end to be sure.

I don't see Al improving very much while.Kaman is a better player and perhaps could be an even better scorer. If I thought Al would develop alot more on the offensive end I would agree with you. But I don't believe that he will. Just because a player is young, that doesn't improve he will get better as he gets older. Emeka ain't getting any better. Al might start shooting his mid range shot a few more times a game, but I think that in large part it's "What you see is what you get" with Al.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Did you watch Al in that first half? Does that look like a worthy player to you?