• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No TV?

HorfordTheBeast

Why was this game not televised anywhere yet there are Highlights for it on Youtube? I can also hear commentators in the background behind the NBA highlight guy. If there are cameras in phillips why can they not broadcast the game? I was told Memphis did not show it either. The fact that we have games that are not shown on TV bothers me. But it makes it more annoying to know there were freakin cameras in the building with play by play announcers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29TdTF3tzLI

Why was this game not televised anywhere yet there are Highlights for it on Youtube? I can also hear commentators in the background behind the NBA highlight guy. If there are cameras in phillips why can they not broadcast the game? I was told Memphis did not show it either. The fact that we have games that are not shown on TV bothers me. But it makes it more annoying to know there were freakin cameras in the building with play by play announcers.

Im guessing but those announcers were probably the radio guys.

who was filming though? it's so weird that cameras are always at these games that are "not televised".

Another guess from me because I really have no idea but the cameras could have been the ones that the arena uses for replays and stuff on the scoreboards. I couldn't look at the you tube link because I am at work. The video isn't from a camera phone or anything is it? I am sure Phillips arena has a vid of that game. I have no idea why this is the second home game this season that wasn't on local tv. Atleast the other one was on the YES network because we were playing New Jersey and was on League Pass.

• Moderators

Excellent question. I'm curious now what your first two posts were about :cheers:

If you look at the highlights at nba.com you see Smoove joking around with Bob Rathbun and someone else you can't see but i'm guessing was Nique. So I think they went ahead with the tv broadcast anyway. Probably so if there are some kind of crazy great highlights or Woody charges into the stands and pummels someone with a 'woody is no goody' tshirt then they'll have real highlights instead of some camera phone footage.

I didn't think about Rathbun and Nique being there. I know I went to a preseason game a couple of years ago and Rathbun sat on the press row but there was no TV. I figured he was just getting ready for when the regular season started. Maybe someone can let us know.

I didn't think about Rathbun and Nique being there. I know I went to a preseason game a couple of years ago and Rathbun sat on the press row but there was no TV. I figured he was just getting ready for when the regular season started. Maybe someone can let us know.

Both Bob and 'Nique were there last night. Nique sat on the opposite side from the media side in the first half and Bob was somewhere on the media side. I sort of assumed that they're there so they can have the perspective, even on the untelevised game, for the next broadcast (i.e. the Knicks game friday night). Just a side note... neither of them had on their ties.

well gee i sure am glad they televised that thrashers game. how many viewers did they get for that...6 people? atlantaspirit should get their sh*t together. televise all hawks games if you want more fans!

I watched the Thrashers

:ph34r:

But you are riht, it would be nice to have all the games televised, but I think that is more up to the TV stations and not the teams.