• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SOLO back on the bench

biscuit

the issue isn't adjusting,the issue is woody

I think Flip, as much as Woody. Flip plays with Acie for 72% of his minutes, and he tends to hog the dribbling, which isn't allowing Acie to actually develop his point skills. Acie's forced to play off the ball, which isn't his strength because he doesn't have a good jump shot (yet, I think it's coming) and just doesn't have any of the skills you'd want in a two guard.

1) If Smith is going to continue chucking threes, it's not like he's ultimately deserving of being in there.

2) I'd much rather see Smith's minutes limited for a bit while he's still recovering from the ankle injury-he clearly and obviously tired out toward the end of the Grizzlies game, and probably got a bit tired with the Knicks running up and down the floor.

3) Do we NEED Smith playing 35 and Marv playing 38 minutes on the front end of a back-to-back in two different cities?

4) The Knicks play a style that Zaza isn't really suited to, with the up and down, 7 seconds or less offense. With two teams that take a lot of jumpshots, you have a lot of long rebounds, which aren't his specialty, and he can't get up and down the floor as well as Solo.

5) Inexplicably, Horford played only 11 minutes in the second half-he probably ALSO needed more minutes. We were running with floor combinations like Bibby, JJ, Evans, Marvin, and Smith...and with Marv playing a lot of minutes at the PF position against a team with a weak frontcourt, we need a bit more than four boards from that spot.

1) I don't like Smith chucking 3's either, but he does so much more to help the team. And he tends to hit clutch 3's. You don't bench Smith, just because he's chucking up 3's . . to put a hack machine like Solo in the game. I like Solo, but people act like he's Jason Maxiell or something.

2) Anybody who's played sports, know that you only get back into shape, by playing. Smith may have been tired, but I have no problem with him playing 35 minutes last night. No problem at all. He'll need to get back up to game shape quickly, with the teams we have coming up.

3) If that's what it takes for us to win . . . YES. They've did it all last year, so the minutes isn't a big deal for them.

4) This I do agree with. If it's any game that Solo would see time in, it is a game like last night. But then, you'll have the critics come against Woody for not playing Zaza . . much like in the Washington win. So it's a no-win situation for Woody.

5) Can't argue with that too much either. But that is the luxury of having Marvin. He can play both the 3 and the 4. And Smith has routinely played the 5 last year. I guess Woody was a little concerned about the small lineup the Knicks were putting on the floor. If Horford was a low post scoring demon, Woody could play him 40 minutes, and really make the Knicks pay. I see where you're coming from on that point though.

OK . . . Woody should've played Horford more. Not opt to play Solo.

Za got in foul trouble and solo is on the floor. He can really run the floor unlike Za, is a lot more athletic and is not afraid to mix it up against the big guys. I think he should take the big white guy's minutes.

And he is a quick jumper.

Edited by DrReality

• Premium Member

Maybe Woody knows what he's doing and we're the ones without a clue. Surely the man wouldn't have made this far with such little knowledge of basketball. I ask each of you to re-examine yourselves so that we all can fall inline the master plan from this brilliant leader of men.

Edited by NineOhTheRino