• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dale Davis sighting & observations from tonight

Elijah

Saw my boy Dale in the lower level at tonight's game. He wasn't too far from where I was in my family's lower level season seats. Dude looks scary and I think he could help us out (more on that later)...

1) Flip is an absolute CANCER to our offensive flow. Not only can't he get the ball past halfcourt, the dude just dribbles and dribbles and dribbles and can't run an offense. On one play toward the end, he calls a play and Horford just raises his arms, trying to say "what the hell?". Plus he doesn't pass and gets stripped at least 5 times a game

2) Our bigs are inconsistent at times...Our interior defense blew in the first 3 quarters but eventually picked up in the 4th

3) Woodson is not developing Acie. Who the hell is going to be our point guard next year? I can't see Bibby resigning for 6 mill/year or whatever some of you guys think he will

4) Mike Bibby is the heart and soul of our offense...I feel completely confident with him conducting the ship

5) How is Adam Morrison in the NBA?

6) Emeka Okafor produces a pretty average amount for someone who makes 12 mill/year

7) Joe looked tired despite his offensive game.

8) Smoove's posting up looks better, but he's still out of control.

I really dont like Flip. Actually, I think the better description is that I really dont like how Woody is using Flip. Quit making him your PG on the floor! Let Acie bring it up (if Bibby is sitting) and let Flip play off the ball. He is a turnover waiting to happen and has little to no point guard skills. Why does Woody continue to do this same ol tired crap?

There were so many things about tonight's game that point to Woody (and Smith, and Flip) being completely braindead. 2 of them I can remember off hand are using Flip in the manner that he does and allowing Josh Smith to blow two straight possessions late in the game by shooting jumpers without letting Joe touch the ball.

There were so many things about tonight's game that point to Woody (and Smith, and Flip) being completely braindead. 2 of them I can remember off hand are using Flip in the manner that he does and allowing Josh Smith to blow two straight possessions late in the game by shooting jumpers without letting Joe touch the ball.

those shot clock was because it was at the end of the shotclock. not ALL smiths fault. Flip is absolutly garbage. i see why ray allen dissed him in seattle.

where was mo? and acie? our bench is on vacation.

Edited by hoodstar

those shot clock was because it was at the end of the shotclock. not ALL smiths fault. Flip is absolutly garbage. i see why ray allen dissed him in seattle.

when did ray diss flip? I heard about this, but would like a link if u got

There were two plays in a row at the end. The first one was Smith's fault because he took a shot with about 10 seconds left on the shot clock before Joe even touched it. The second one was just a horrible possession and I blame Woodson because he's the coach.

• Premium Member
3) Woodson is not developing Acie. Who the hell is going to be our point guard next year? I can't see Bibby resigning for 6 mill/year or whatever some of you guys think he will

4) Mike Bibby is the heart and soul of our offense...I feel completely confident with him conducting the ship

I think either Bibs will be our PG next year or we will trade him for somebody who will be in the offseason. We still hold Bibs bird's rights. I think if Bibs continue to play on this high a level, that you will see us resign him. I'm thinking maybe a 5 year deal... possibly 40 million.

I don't think resigning Bibs is a question mark. If we can agree to a price, I think that's a done deal. I wonder about us resigning Marvin?

Saw my boy Dale in the lower level at tonight's game. He wasn't too far from where I was in my family's lower level season seats. Dude looks scary and I think he could help us out (more on that later)...

1) Flip is an absolute CANCER to our offensive flow. Not only can't he get the ball past halfcourt, the dude just dribbles and dribbles and dribbles and can't run an offense. On one play toward the end, he calls a play and Horford just raises his arms, trying to say "what the hell?". Plus he doesn't pass and gets stripped at least 5 times a game

2) Our bigs are inconsistent at times...Our interior defense blew in the first 3 quarters but eventually picked up in the 4th

5) How is Adam Morrison in the NBA?

6) Emeka Okafor produces a pretty average amount for someone who makes 12 mill/year

7) Joe looked tired despite his offensive game.

8) Smoove's posting up looks better, but he's still out of control.

1. well first and foremost i am a fan of Flip, but i must say he has been stinking it up lately..forcing the issue and turning over the ball alot.. hopefully he gets it together and helps us out...he is streaky and he's gonna have some bad games but he definitely helps out when he on

2. Our bigs are our downfalls i think. Horford, JSmooth, Zaza, Solomon, and Morris isnt a strong frontcourt..we have to either play Soloman and hopes he gets better throughtout the season or make a move to bring in another decent big to help us out. That what will keep us from being contenders in my opinion

3. I agree that Acie should see some more PT..not too much more because Hawks arent no where near as good when Bibby isnt on the floor and Murray, even tho he is playing bad, is the better player..i still would like to see more Acie on the floor tho

4. Mike Bibby is looking like our 2nd best player so far this season after Joe Johnson of course...i think he is here to stay long term too..i know many will disagree but Bibby is good for this team and i hope he comes back next year too

5. Morrison had a bad game but isnt a bad player..we have some bumbs on our best too now..dont forget..we just dont play them lol

6. Okafor is probably overpaid but he is a double double guy and they dont come very often in today's NBA so he'a a keeper to me..wouldnt mind having him here

7. idk if JJ is actually tired..he always has that tired look and always seems to be going to the motion but im starting to think thats just how he plays because he's been like that since day 1 this year, no?? he turns it on in the clutch tho..like he goes in a different gear almost

8. Smooth is always gonna be Smooth i think..he's wild as hell but he does alot of positive things for us so it cancels out..5 blocks tonite was something else!

I really just wanna add another decent big man to this roster to come in off the bench. McDyess would of been very nice but it wasnt gonna happen obviously. Would anyone take their chance on Antoine Walker?? he is expecting a buyout soon. im sure he can still shoot the 3 ball and post up..and he also has a ring and can bring some experience to this team too. just a thought

• Premium Member

I just wish someone could explain Woody's obsession with Flip. Sure he scores on a good day but all the selfish play and bonehead ball handling offsets all that.

• Premium Member
I just wish someone could explain Woody's obsession with Flip. Sure he scores on a good day but all the selfish play and bonehead ball handling offsets all that.

Woody misses Josh Childress.

He's playing flip because Flip contributes.

If Marvin would get off his ass and contribute, Flip would play less.

If Mo Evans were as efficient and consistent as Chillz, Flip would play less.

Flip has gone back to being flip.

• Premium Member
Woody misses Josh Childress.

He's playing flip because Flip contributes.

If Marvin would get off his ass and contribute, Flip would play less.

If Mo Evans were as efficient and consistent as Chillz, Flip would play less.

Flip has gone back to being flip.

I must say you called this one since day uno. I think we're starting to see why Filp is constantly getting move and why Mo was buried on the Orlando's bench late last year. It's kind of how I see Zaza. Sure Z can give you a good game or two but can you really trust him to get you through a tough playoff run? At some point Sund has to address this bench if the organization is serious about making a playoff push.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

I must say you called this one since day uno. I think we're starting to see why Filp is constantly getting move and why Mo was buried on the Orlando's bench late last year. It's kind of how I see Zaza. Sure Z can give you a good game or two but can you really trust him to get you through a tough playoff run? At some point Sund has to address this bench if the organization is serious about making a playoff push.

Mo Evans is a good bench player. Flip has his days..he has got to get it together..he has been shooting bricks!

I think either Bibs will be our PG next year or we will trade him for somebody who will be in the offseason. We still hold Bibs bird's rights. I think if Bibs continue to play on this high a level, that you will see us resign him. I'm thinking maybe a 5 year deal... possibly 40 million.

I don't think resigning Bibs is a question mark. If we can agree to a price, I think that's a done deal. I wonder about us resigning Marvin?

I think both Marvin and Bibby will be back. Zaza is the one I think we may not be able to afford and that is too bad. Next year, we will have approximately $41M tied up in:

JJ - $15M

Smoove - $11M

Speedy - $5.2M

Al - $4.3M

Mo - $2.5M

Acie - $2.2M

Morris - $850K

Currently, we are paying a little over $68M in salary and we are approximately $3M under the luxury tax threshold. Assuming the luxury tax threshold stays the same or increases, we will have at least $30M to fill out our roster. Bibby and Marvin combined are not going to exceed $20M next year under any circumstances. Neither of them are going to command J Smoove money on the open market.

Bibby MIGHT be worth $8M - $9M a season to start to US but there are no teams out there with cap room who are going to be willing to pay that much to Bibby. The teams with caproom are going to be saving that money for LeBron, Wade, Bosh, JJ, Boozer, etc in 2010. Same goes for Marvin (though I could see more teams going after him than Bibby because of age).

My guess is that we resign the two of them to contracts starting at a combined $16M - $19M which will leave us plenty of room to extend JJ and to fill out our roster. Remember, Speedy's $5.2M comes off the books in 2010 just in time for JJ's extension to kick in.