• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else notice this about team announcers?

thefloydian

That bobcats broadcast last night was maybe the worst I've ever seen. The halftime "segment" (i don't know what else to call it.) Total crap. The worst part is the owner of that Bobcats got rich by starting BET, a cable channel. You would think they would know something about putting on a broadcast.

That bobcats broadcast last night was maybe the worst I've ever seen. The halftime "segment" (i don't know what else to call it.) Total crap. The worst part is the owner of that Bobcats got rich by starting BET, a cable channel. You would think they would know something about putting on a broadcast.

lol BET sucks these days anyway...Baby Boy comes on like everyday

I, too, have League Pass Broadband for the first year.

The thing I have noticed, some announcers only talk about their own team

and players and what they are doing. Usually, you have to guess at who the

Hawks have on the floor and who's doing what.

Not all are like this. Some, in fact, are good at keeping you informed about all

the players - Who just came in - Who went out - etc. This is professional, I think.

The Celtics announcers were the worst at never seeing a foul that was called

on ANY of their players and always seeing fouls on the Hawks that were never

called. They were the most one sided announcers I've heard this year.

I have League Pass for the first time this year, and I'm amazed at how clueless most of the announcers are for the other teams in the league. I won't go into a ton of specifics, but it's like they've never seen an NBA game that doesn't involve the team they cover.

I've had LP since 5 years in a row now and i agree. Seems like many announcers are just getting by with common knowledge and are not big fans or students of the game.