• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A couple of stats

Plainview1981

• Moderators
Maybe because Hayes and Daniels have more offensive skills then Smith or Horford. They just lack size and ability.

Take Chuck Hayes for an example. His only standout offensive skills are passing the ball and hitting the boards. He is not a good post-up scorer or any kind of scorer, really. Daniels had a bit more offensive ability but still wasn't someone that good at creating for himself. They way they were able to operate so effectively was to play off one another so well and pass the ball so well. There are skills in setting picks, moving off the ball, etc. that Josh and Al should be developing that should enable them to do some of this. IMO, both have pretty good passing instincts (not exception but they are there even if the execution isn't always there).

... Al has got to develop his inside game. If he could only learn to execute a pump fake or two I think it would do wonders for his game.

First off....AH doesn't get to fight for low post position and then get an entry pass...our "Offense" doesn't work that way. Granted AH has made some nice inside moves on stickbacks - but as far as an inside scoring center goes - he's not going up against 6'9" centers from UT or Vandy these days - he's going up against long-armed 7 footers who know the pro game.

Horford is doing fine in his role, but we still have the same question (which maybe we have answered this year) - do we want to be a power-team or a perimeter oriented skill team? As long as AH is at center I think it's the latter.

P.S. - but you are right - I'd like to see an occasional pump fake.

Edited by DJlaysitup