• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

McDyess gave Charlotte consideration, but not the Hawks

Plainview1981

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/200...on_playoff.html

Hawks wanted McDyess

Atlanta was among the teams to express interest in Antonio McDyess when he became a free agent following a buyout of his contract with Denver. McDyess was part of the Billups-Iverson trade last month. After narrowing his list of teams down to just Cleveland, Charlotte, Boston and Detroit, McDyess opted to return to familiar surroundings.

"Oh, we would have loved to have had him," Woodson said. "Who wouldn't? He would have been perfect for us."

Who cares?

Honestly, I believe he was going to go back to Detroit no matter what. I myself believe that he didn't really consider anyone else. It would have been a good pick up though. You should care given the garbage bench that the team has. I'd rather have Dice than ZaZa Crapola. But it sucks that he went back to a team that just had traded him.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

I doubt he ever considered signing with anyone other than detroit. This whole thing with him "considering" these teams is made up BS to avoid getting detroit into trouble for doing the deal knowing he would be back.

I mean, all teams could offer was the same deal, so its not like there were real negotiations going on. What was there to talk about with the other teams?

They did the trade having agreed he would sign back with them, and then he floated these rumors to avoid a situation like that with stackhouse and dallas last year.

I doubt he ever considered signing with anyone other than detroit. This whole thing with him "considering" these teams is made up BS to avoid getting detroit into trouble for doing the deal knowing he would be back.

I mean, all teams could offer was the same deal, so its not like there were real negotiations going on. What was there to talk about with the other teams?

They did the trade having agreed he would sign back with them, and then he floated these rumors to avoid a situation like that with stackhouse and dallas last year.

Bingo.