• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kevin Garnett is an idiot

Elijah

I am starting to wonder if Pierce has had some kind of impact on KG attitude change. Since KG has went to the Celtics he has become an absolute F'ing jackass. He is by far the dirties player and bordering on the most hated player in the league. Whatever respect I once had for him is gone.

He always has played this way, its just worse now because hes on a winning team, now he has more trash to talk.

Elijah. . .it's your dad. . .I'm disappointed with you. I thought you would love KG's smack-talking, know-it-all attitude.

Douche or not, KG is a defensive machine. I wish the Hawks had him.

No.

The Hawks have outstanding citizens within the community on the team. I love that about them. KG is a punk ass b*tch who has no morals and is the scum of society. I would absolutely hate it if the Hawks brought him in here. Winning games is one thing and I like that. But Winning Games and being remaining upstanding citizens is another thing and I admire that. We don't have any "trouble makers" on the team, no dumb comments about grabbing Uzis to go to a playoff game or arrests.

• Moderators

Really I don't know why anyone would accuse them of being arrogant.

We don't even comment on a lot of stuff, because half the guys who are talking we don't even know their names.

It reminds me of when Pierce claimed he was the best player in the world because he's not conceited.

Edited by macdaddy

No.

The Hawks have outstanding citizens within the community on the team. I love that about them. KG is a punk ass b*tch who has no morals and is the scum of society. I would absolutely hate it if the Hawks brought him in here. Winning games is one thing and I like that. But Winning Games and being remaining upstanding citizens is another thing and I admire that. We don't have any "trouble makers" on the team, no dumb comments about grabbing Uzis to go to a playoff game or arrests.

Huh? So trash talking on court= no morals and the scum of society?

The guy stuck around a sucky franchise for a decade without once demanding trades, me first treatment or causing off court drama. Meanwhile, Lebron James has driven Cleveland to acquire a bunch of scrubs with huge contracts by floating rumors that he is going to bolt any time the cavs lose a couple of game. How many times have we seen Lebron talk about "a lebron james team" only to ask for more help once he loses and then float all sorts of rumors for 2010?

Within the community, he is even more of a stand up guy.

Heck, he even won the J. Walter Kennedy citizenship award.

This whole rivalry thing sometimes gets out of hand. Hawks players also talk trash. Heck, Bibby and Horford did quite a lot of it for an 8th seed last year, and people here loved them for it.

Garnett has never had any problems with the law, is married and takes care of his kid, and donates a boat load of money to charity.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/community/...ist_051205.html

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had things not been tainted by the rivalry with the C's most people here would much prefer him to some of the real scum of society, like Stephen Jackson, Marbury, and Kobe Bryant.

It is amazing how people have completely forgotten all of kobe bryant's shenanigans and have started to pile on garnett for trash talking. Trash talking!

The guy stuck around a sucky franchise for a decade without once demanding trades, me first treatment or causing off court drama. Meanwhile, Lebron James has driven Cleveland to acquire a bunch of scrubs with huge contracts by floating rumors that he is going to bolt any time the cavs lose a couple of game. How many times have we seen Lebron talk about "a lebron james team" only to ask for more help once he loses and then float all sorts of rumors for 2010?

Within the community, he is even more of a stand up guy.

Heck, he even won the J. Walter Kennedy citizenship award.

This whole rivalry thing sometimes gets out of hand. Hawks players also talk trash. Heck, Bibby and Horford did quite a lot of it for an 8th seed last year, and people here loved them for it.

Garnett has never had any problems with the law, is married and takes care of his kid, and donates a boat load of money to charity.

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/community/...ist_051205.html

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that had things not been tainted by the rivalry with the C's most people here would much prefer him to some of the real scum of society, like Stephen Jackson, Marbury, and Kobe Bryant.

It is amazing how people have completely forgotten all of kobe bryant's shenanigans and have started to pile on garnett for trash talking. Trash talking!

Gotta garee with this.

Frankly it annoys me too and I don't give him the carte blanche that some do just because he is "intense" and wins games. On the other hand, he's not a bad human being at all. I know a girl that works at a Boston club that the Cs frequent and she says KG is a good dude but Pierce sits at the bar by himself and complains and Perkins is just a general D-Bag. Off point though, lots of guys trash talk, fans of other teams (Boston comes to mind) thought that Horford was being too cocky during the series. During that series he was far more demonstrative than KG was, flexing, brushing the ball off, pointing and laughing at PP after he made a J... Did we complain then? No, we said that it was his great attitude, and unlike KG, Al Horford has yet to really do anything in this league that gives him license to talk.

Again, not saying that its fine that KG does what he does. The Jose Calderon thing should have gotten him T'd up, just saying that it doesn't make him a bad person when there are guys like Ruben Patterson floating around... it just makes KG a person who talks a little too much but backs it up as much as anyone.

Maybe I should elaborate on KG talking about bringing uzi's to a playoff game a few years back. I sure want my kid to grow up to be just like him. Or maybe I should talk about all the fights he got into during high school, they certainly weren't race oriented (sarcasm). Or maybe his dirty screens and other antics on the court.

He certainly made trade demands in Minnesota, they just were never publicized because it is Minnesota and who gives a crap about that area (talking from a media perspective and not my perspective). So it isn't like he was never a prima dona a la Stephon Marbury, it was just never publicized because who would ever mess with the "Big Ticket"? I wonder why Laettner was traded from that team. Or Marbury. I contend it just wasn't publicized.

I did make a jump from trash talking to "scum of society" but it wasn't unprovoked. I just didn't elaborate on all the other bullshit that KG has done beforehand. All the money KG throws at charities doesn't exonerate him from his behavior on the court and off the court, he is a rich guy and throwing money is just an easy way out.

And Bibby and Horford? That is nothing close to what KG alone did. Bibby called the Boston fans bandwagon fans...weren't they? They certainly didn't sell out the year before KG came. And Horford made some gestures to Pierce after an emotional win at Philips, didn't KG get even more elaborate for the first and second game in Boston? If I recall correctly, he showed the nation his nipples in a blowout victory, Horford showed emotion in a close game. To me there is a difference between a blow-out and a close game, you should be in check with your emotions during a blow-out because you can relax.

Maybe I should elaborate on KG talking about bringing uzi's to a playoff game a few years back. I sure want my kid to grow up to be just like him. Or maybe I should talk about all the fights he got into during high school, they certainly weren't race oriented (sarcasm). Or maybe his dirty screens and other antics on the court.

He certainly made trade demands in Minnesota, they just were never publicized because it is Minnesota and who gives a crap about that area (talking from a media perspective and not my perspective). So it isn't like he was never a prima dona a la Stephon Marbury, it was just never publicized because who would ever mess with the "Big Ticket"? I wonder why Laettner was traded from that team. Or Marbury. I contend it just wasn't publicized.

I did make a jump from trash talking to "scum of society" but it wasn't unprovoked. I just didn't elaborate on all the other bullsh*t that KG has done beforehand. All the money KG throws at charities doesn't exonerate him from his behavior on the court and off the court, he is a rich guy and throwing money is just an easy way out.

And Bibby and Horford? That is nothing close to what KG alone did. Bibby called the Boston fans bandwagon fans...weren't they? They certainly didn't sell out the year before KG came. And Horford made some gestures to Pierce after an emotional win at Philips, didn't KG get even more elaborate for the first and second game in Boston? If I recall correctly, he showed the nation his nipples in a blowout victory, Horford showed emotion in a close game. To me there is a difference between a blow-out and a close game, you should be in check with your emotions during a blow-out because you can relax.

I am sorry, but is this even serious?

Fights in high school? Talking about bringing an uzi? That is the worst you can think of?

And you talk about "dirty screens" as if they were a regular occurrence, or even the worst type of foul that goes on within the court.

And based on what do you claim he made all these trade demands and so on? Heck, his trade-or-not situation was extremely well documented.

Horford not only taunted pierce in that play, but dusted the ball after a block during the game five blow out, with the hawks down, and trash talked numerous other times. And Boston sold out every game from about 85 to 2002, including a 7 year playoff-less stretch that included a 15 win season.

Read everything you can about KG and you will see most people will talk about what a great guy KG is off the court. Paul Shirley, the well known player/blogger, even guest blogged at length during last year's final about how he was rooting for the celtics because he was so impressed with what a nice guy KG was. And this is a guy who went through an entire training camp with KG one season and Kobe Bryant the other.

Now, as far as wanting (or not) your kid to be like him, I always remember what Charles Barkley said"

"I don't believe professional athletes should be role models. I believe parents should be role models."

Still, KG is miles ahead of serial adulterer Shaq, rapist, serial adulterer and prima dona Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, who got in trouble for accepting gifts in high school, always complains about his team, and, worst of all, shunned teammate Ira Newble who was collecting signatures for a letter concerning the genocide in darfour, because he was afraid of losing the endorsement of chinese companies.

This all not to mention stephen jackson, sebastian telfair, rubben patterson and so many others so much worse than him.

You may not like KG and think he is a punk on the court. But few players have done more for the community, while remaining as clean in his personal life as he has.

Now, as far as wanting (or not) your kid to be like him, I always remember what Charles Barkley said"

"I don't believe professional athletes should be role models. I believe parents should be role models."

Just because you say you aren't a role model doesn't all of the sudden relieve the burden of being a high-profile athlete. Like it or not, an athlete is a role model. You cannot simply say you aren't a role model and thus it makes you not a role model.

Horford not only taunted pierce in that play, but dusted the ball after a block during the game five blow out, with the hawks down, and trash talked numerous other times. And Boston sold out every game from about 85 to 2002, including a 7 year playoff-less stretch that included a 15 win season.

No, that was from game four in Atlanta when Horford dusted the ball off. That game was close the whole way. Now KG taking the time in the 4th quarter of game 7 where it was a massive blow-out to take a cheap shot at Zaza is trash.

In May of 1994, however, Kevin’s life began to crumble around him. A fight broke out at school between a white student and several black classmates, and Kevin happened to be nearby. (This version of the story has been questioned since. One report indicates that Kevin was part of a group of black students who beat a white freshman with rolled-up newspapers. The victim suffered injuries that required hospital care.)

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Garnett/Garnett_bio.html

Yeah, a racially motivated act of violence. What an upstanding citizen!

Comparing KG to other players (Shaq, Kobe, LeBron...) does not lessen the fact that KG is a chump. Just because someone is worse out there doesn't all the sudden absolve KG for being trash. So you can continue to tell stories about how people are worse, it just has absolutely nothing to do with KG.

Just because you say you aren't a role model doesn't all of the sudden relieve the burden of being a high-profile athlete. Like it or not, an athlete is a role model. You cannot simply say you aren't a role model and thus it makes you not a role model.

No, that was from game four in Atlanta when Horford dusted the ball off. That game was close the whole way. Now KG taking the time in the 4th quarter of game 7 where it was a massive blow-out to take a cheap shot at Zaza is trash.

http://www.jockbio.com/Bios/Garnett/Garnett_bio.html

Yeah, a racially motivated act of violence. What an upstanding citizen!

Comparing KG to other players (Shaq, Kobe, LeBron...) does not lessen the fact that KG is a chump. Just because someone is worse out there doesn't all the sudden absolve KG for being trash. So you can continue to tell stories about how people are worse, it just has absolutely nothing to do with KG.

You get a "racially motivated act of violence" from this?

"In May of 1994, however, Kevin’s life began to crumble around him. A fight broke out at school between a white student and several black classmates, and Kevin happened to be nearby. (This version of the story has been questioned since. One report indicates that Kevin was part of a group of black students who beat a white freshman with rolled-up newspapers. The victim suffered injuries that required hospital care.)"

A disputed report that Kevin Garnett may or may not have been a part of a fight in high school when he was a junior?

And horford dusted the ball more than once in the series. First time, and best known one, was in game 3. But he also did that in games 5 and 7. Probably trying to come up with a mutombo like gesture, but still.

A disputed report that Kevin Garnett may or may not have been a part of a fight in high school when he was a junior?

After that incident he left the school to go to Chicago.

There were widespread reports of KG not wanting to go to Boston because it was a racist city. I get the feeling there are a lot of racially motivated acts by KG, from his high school days to his balking at going to Boston all the way to just looking at who KG picks on in games. Recently we have seen him pick on Zaza, Jose Calderon, Marco Bellinelli, and Andrew Bogut. We have also heard reports of skirmishes in the past with Rick Rickert, Mark Pope, Joel Przybilla, Wally Sczerbiak...notice any connection with those lists? The more I observe KG the more I see racist undertones in his actions.