• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good coaching job vs the Nets last night

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

Woody went to Flip early last night in place of Bibby. I may be thinking too much but that sure did seem to light a fire under Bibby. Before that Bibby was 0 for ??? but after that he was red-hot. And I heard Woody yelling at the guards to push the ball up the court. While that is not a major change it's much better than the lazy walk-the-ball-up offense from previous games.

Good Job Woodrow!

I agree.

Flip and Law's ability to get in the paint and create is vital when Bibby's jumper is not falling.

Great to see JJ snap out of it and be the old JJ we know so well. Also nice to see the calf sleeves were off JJ last night. I know some guys like Bibby, where them for fashion but when JJ is wearing them he seems to be hurting.

The Bibby / Flip / JJ rotations was working so well Smoove could not evern get on the floor in the 4th quarter. Mainly b/c Solo is just a better matchup vs. Lopez. No knock to Smoove, just some nights other things are working to good to mess with success.

Woody went to Flip early last night in place of Bibby. I may be thinking too much but that sure did seem to light a fire under Bibby. Before that Bibby was 0 for ??? but after that he was red-hot. And I heard Woody yelling at the guards to push the ball up the court. While that is not a major change it's much better than the lazy walk-the-ball-up offense from previous games.

Good Job Woodrow!

thats because mike had 2 fouls

• Premium Member
thats because mike had 2 fouls

has Bibby ever fouled out of a game?

Edited by NineOhTheRino

has Bibby ever fouled out of a game?

Does it matter? Woody always substitutes with two fouls. He did the exact same thing to JJ last year in the playoffs, even though JJ has only fouled out of two games the entire time he's been an Atlanta Hawk. Bibby sits because that's Woodson's immediate reaction every single time.

But I did like one thing Woodson did last night-he kept Smoove out of the second half. It's not like Josh was having a horrible game, but Woodson saw that the floor combination he had was having a lot of success, and he just let those guys keep playing. He did something that I wasn't sure he had the capacity to do-he recognized what was working and just stuck with it. And with Smoove barely playing in the second half, Atlanta outscored new Jersey 50-35. Actually it was more like 50-32 if you ignore the last two minutes when he dusted off the bench.

Does it matter? Woody always substitutes with two fouls. He did the exact same thing to JJ last year in the playoffs, even though JJ has only fouled out of two games the entire time he's been an Atlanta Hawk. Bibby sits because that's Woodson's immediate reaction every single time.

But I did like one thing Woodson did last night-he kept Smoove out of the second half. It's not like Josh was having a horrible game, but Woodson saw that the floor combination he had was having a lot of success, and he just let those guys keep playing. He did something that I wasn't sure he had the capacity to do-he recognized what was working and just stuck with it. And with Smoove barely playing in the second half, Atlanta outscored new Jersey 50-35. Actually it was more like 50-32 if you ignore the last two minutes when he dusted off the bench.

I have to give credit where it is due. Good job Woody