• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Sick" of JJ

Jackets333

I don't care if he was sick tonight. He's not fun to watch anymore. Some of the decisions he makes on the court boggle my mind. Plays with no intensity. Looks like he sleepwalks through most games. Much like how most of the team plays except for Al and Smoove. Pretty much a mirror image of the head coach. Boring.

I don't care if he was sick tonight. He's not fun to watch anymore. Some of the decisions he makes on the court boggle my mind. Plays with no intensity. Looks like he sleepwalks through most games. Much like how most of the team plays except for Al and Smoove. Pretty much a mirror image of the head coach. Boring.

:beat:

Dude....three letters.

WTF!?

Never thought I would say this, but I would not be opposed to shopping JJ before the deadline. He isn't leading this team to a ship EVER. At least we have some other pieces that give a s*** (Smoove and Horford, ZaZa, even Solo).

I agree that it looks like JJ has no passion and just goes through the motions. Trading him for picks isnt a terrible thought. At least something to consider.

WTF what man? Is that all you got? Say what you wanna say.

OK man.

21.4 PPG

6.2 APG

4.4 RPG

1.14 SPG

42% FG

33 % 3pt

80% FT.

Your comment:

He's not fun to watch anymore.....

Boring.

So, players have to be fun to watch now? Did I miss something? Dude's an all-star, elite player, and team leader. Don't give me "he's no fun". Last time I checked fun to watch for us fans didn't always equal success. The Pistons have won championships, and they were no fun to watch at all. Same with Spurs.

Oh really that's awesome except the Hawks haven't even sniffed the playoffs until last year so don't give me any of that Pistons championship talk.

Joe Johnson has pretty numbers (except that 42% FG number), sure. But I don't see how you can sit there and watch him play without saying "WTF" yourself about some of the things he does.

Team leader? How? My grandma could probably fire the team up better than Joe can.

Stephen Jackson

ppg- 20.2

apg- 6.2

rpg- 4.8

spg- 1.6

fg- 41%

3fg- 33%

ft% 82

Jackson has the same numbers, those numbers are not freaking good. They shoot till they get 20 points, don't worry about fg%, they get assist because they are the main ball handlers which is like 40 minutes a game.

Nothing else is good.

Edited by Murat1

Oh really that's awesome except the Hawks haven't even sniffed the playoffs until last year so don't give me any of that Pistons championship talk.

Joe Johnson has pretty numbers (except that 42% FG number), sure. But I don't see how you can sit there and watch him play without saying "WTF" yourself about some of the things he does.

Team leader? How? My grandma could probably fire the team up better than Joe can.

Uh, I wasn't suggesting we were going to win a title. The point was that being fun to watch doesn't mean you're going to win.

Joe's a very fluid, smooth player, and no, I don't sit there and get mad at him. He is the axis of the team.

Joe is the leader by default. Sure, there are things he could do better but to crap on him for not being fun is comical.

Uh, I wasn't suggesting we were going to win a title. The point was that being fun to watch doesn't mean you're going to win.

Joe's a very fluid, smooth player, and no, I don't sit there and get mad at him. He is the axis of the team.

Joe is the leader by default. Sure, there are things he could do better but to crap on him for not being fun is comical.

joe is simply NOT a player that can carry a team. he is worn down by woodson forcing him to run all those isolations. joe johnson is better served as your second option. i would like williams to be the number 1 option, joe second and bibby third.

Our type are few and far between, Jackets333. True, the Clippers near full strength all season would probably be in the middle of the playoff hunt in the West, but only a fool would count on such a crapshoot with Baron and Camby's injury history, and Randolph to a lesser extent.

But as far as Joe, how do you allow such a poor performance from your team at home without your partner, when the two games before, your backcourt mate (who should have 3 All-Star appearances to your none) lead his squad to two wins on the road? Truly, Joe apologists, come on. I'm sure you'll come up with something flimsy. "Joe's role isn't to set the offense and dominate the ball like a point guard" or "He was sick" or "There was no one to get him the ball." Look at his mannerisms. Look at his situational play. His clock management and aggressiveness. No numbers you can crunch or restructure or deviate or manipulate can tell the whole story. Barely half of it. The guy is SOFT. I repeat: JOE JOHNSON IS THE MOST PASSIVE ALL-STAR CALIBER GUARD IN THE NBA. Find a player as uninspiring in times of rallying: Ray, Kobe, Dwayne, Vince, Roy, Rose, Ben Gordon, Devin Harris, Durant, Manu, Deron, Tony Parker, Baron Davis. You won't find a harsher critic of Nash, T-Mac, A.I., or Gilbert (is he still alive?), yet I'd still give them the edge over Joe as far as leadership intangibles and various forms of intensity. Making excuse after excuse for him reflects badly on you and the type of basketball you enjoy. Crucial play at the end of the half, isolated, and you travel? Still throwing up those weak Tony Parker floaters, huh? Only problem is, Tony is twice as good at it, and 3 times as good going to the rack, drawing fouls, and putting pressure on the defense. Joe will maybe drive harder when he loses 40 or 50 pounds. I can only hope. 6'7', 240, I 've seen no dunks in traffic this year, nor emphatic block. Pathetic.

I know that the Hawks probably would've loss with Bibby. Al Thornton had the game of his life, and Zach is a 20-10 guy. True, the defense looked tired from all parties involved. Disappointed in Al, as I expect him to fight every second and lead by example. But still, the teams were virtually even, trading a Bibby for a Kaman. I personally think we would have shown better if Joe also had on street clothes, because the team takes on his personality without Bibby, which is mostly dull and defeated.

Paying 70 meals for Joe isn't remotely as disgusting as Arenas for 110. I don't totally hate the guy, as I'm always the first to champion his underrated D. He's the only guy I've seen so far who had Derrick Rose panicked, flustered, and afraid to show the ball when in attack mode on crucial plays down the stretch. But from my vantage point, his agent is laughing all the way to the bank, at the Hawks' expense. He commanded general money for a lieutenent. Many of you respond by saying "Who would you replace Joe with, genius? Who's gonna trade a peaking All-Star for another peaking, like-aged All-Star?." I don't have an answer by name. But I'm sure there are options who actually have a heartbeat. Iggy, O.J., and Kevin Durant all have comparable numbers to Joe, give and take, yet all of their accomplishments combined don't amount to Joe's accolades. Kevin Martin scores more, shoots a slightly less percentage and can't rebound. All of these players are younger and have a higher upside than Joe and frankly, I 'd give them or players like them who are contractually movable a shot as a primary option over Joe, because I've had enough of his bunny hops in the paint, his 20-feet fade-aways, under-utilizing his body, and stone-face with nothing of substance coming out of his mouth to unify and focus his squad.

Let's go, Joe Apologists. What you got! Crunch your situational numbers!

You pretty much summed it up, benhillboy. I'm fed up with it. The guy has become nothing more than a stand still jumpshooter and he even passes up open shots more frequently now. It's unbelievably frustrating to watch him hesitate on an open three and then do his little prance (you can't call it a drive) into the lane and throw up something contested or turn the ball over.

OK man.

21.4 PPG

6.2 APG

4.4 RPG

1.14 SPG

42% FG

33 % 3pt

80% FT.

Your comment:

So, players have to be fun to watch now? Did I miss something? Dude's an all-star, elite player, and team leader. Don't give me "he's no fun". Last time I checked fun to watch for us fans didn't always equal success. The Pistons have won championships, and they were no fun to watch at all. Same with Spurs.

The Hawks often play emotionless and I think JJ has something do with that. To an extent, you're going to mimmick some of the things your teams best player does. JJ has become a low percentage chunker. Remember Antonie Walker has some good stats also.

They just got got the crap kicked out of them by a 11-39 team at home. I don't care anyway you try to slice it, that's bad. This "team" is going nowhere of any note. Playoff seeding only matters so much... The Titans had the best record in the NFL this year. Does it mean anything now? Of course not. They didn't even make the final 4.

Regardless if the Hawks get the 4th seed or not, they're so far below the other 3 teams that it only matters so much. Outside of Orlando, Cleveland and Boston the east is junk.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This team would probably be better with Jax instead of Joe. At least Jax plays with some fire. They really are the same player.

Get off Joe's nuts Swish. That's all I have to say.

Thats such an incredibly deep comeback I'm at a loss for words.

You never would answer why you think he has to be fun for you to watch.

If this isn't fire and intensity, then i don't know what is...