• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Simmons' Hawk trade

crimedog

Now, sometimes I think Bill Simmons is a moron. He is a good writer though. Whatever, he suggested this trade, would Washington do it? Would we?

Marv+Speedy+future 1st = Caron+Songaila

+'s: gives us arguably the best wing combo in the game right now. Replaces Speedy's contract with a guy who actually plays occasionally. Allows us to not deal with Marv.

-'s: Songaila's contract is a year longer than Speedy's. We lose a 1st.

My biggest question, and I'd imagine Bill didn't look it up, is how Washington would deal with Marv's FA-hood.

Now, sometimes I think Bill Simmons is a moron. He is a good writer though. Whatever, he suggested this trade, would Washington do it? Would we?

Marv+Speedy+future 1st = Caron+Songaila

+'s: gives us arguably the best wing combo in the game right now. Replaces Speedy's contract with a guy who actually plays occasionally. Allows us to not deal with Marv.

-'s: Songaila's contract is a year longer than Speedy's. We lose a 1st.

My biggest question, and I'd imagine Bill didn't look it up, is how Washington would deal with Marv's FA-hood.

Would Washington actually do that? Man we'd be flat out lethal with our starting lineup and Songaila would actually help us.

Check out the results on ESPN's sweet new trade machine. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=czcskq

I saw this. I'd do it. And considering the situation they are in Washington might do it to sign and trade Marvin. This is about the only way they can add talent for the next few years.

Or how about this

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ch2tl3

Definitely makes more sense, it really depends on whether or not Washington wants to get into the Amare sweepstakes, although you'd think that next to Haywood his D wouldn't be as much of a problem... Gil isn't a great PG for him unless he learns how to be a... great PG.

Your first point makes sense too, they could definitely SnT him or even let him play out on his QO since its pretty high and then reevaluate later.

Again though, Simmons throws out some interesting stuff but its hard to tell how much he looked into this and how much he just wanted to play with the new trade checker. I could see Washington saying "unfortunately we've seen what this core can do, maybe we should switch things up" but who knows.

• Moderators

I like both those deals for the Hawks. Not bad for either Washington or Phoenix either. If I was Phoenix, though, I would rather have Bayless and Aldridge than Marvin and Jamison because of Jamison's age and my expected rebuilding window.

What idiot would trade to make their division foe better?

We traded Rasheed to the Pistons, who won the NBA title with him ... but the key was the 1st round pick we got from them which turned into Josh Smith. So they got better in the short term and we got better in the long term.

Bad Economy Will Trigger More Trades

Feb 12, 2009 10:57 AM EST

Chicago beat writer Mike McGraw writes that he expects a rush of trade activity ahead of the deadline because of the poor economic situation many teams find themselves in.

New Orleans' Tyson Chandler, Philadelphia's Sam Dalembert and the Clippers' Chris Kaman are three names that either have or will be shopped, according to the report.

This certainly could be true for the ASG.

• Admin
All we are giving up is Marvin, and he's been playing really well.

I like the idea of the big man. Nothing flashy but can bring some toughness.

Why do people always think he is not playing well? I think he is a tremendous asset for this team. Yeah he doesn't score as much as he should be we also have Joe and Bibby taking most of the shots. We know he can score when needed and he plays good d, rebounds and he is a good teammate.

That being said I would trade him for Caron. That trade would be a hard one to turn down. Butler is one of the best SFs in the game. However, that was just a Simmons speculation. That trade would never happen for us.

Why do people always think he is not playing well? I think he is a tremendous asset for this team. Yeah he doesn't score as much as he should be we also have Joe and Bibby taking most of the shots. We know he can score when needed and he plays good d, rebounds and he is a good teammate.

That being said I would trade him for Caron. That trade would be a hard one to turn down. Butler is one of the best SFs in the game. However, that was just a Simmons speculation. That trade would never happen for us.

I agree with this since JJ went out he's stepped up and been taking the ball inside. That's been an element of his game that's been lacking.