• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It was time for someone to get knocked down

thecampster

In my humble opinion, the real problem with the Josh Smith on Matt Harpring flagrant foul is it came about 7 games too late. The Hawks have lacked a fire the last month. A "Get the hell away from my rim" arrogance. We've all seen it. Some chump on the playground beats a better player off the dribble and the shocked D let's him get a layup. The guy gets a big head and then boom, the better player sends the chumps next shot across court and into the stands. On the next play he runs him over on his way to the basket telling that kid to "GET OFF MY COURT. I OWN THIS!"

Unfortunately, I don't think Josh's foul was intentional.

Where is that fire we saw last year when Zaza nosed up Garnett? Where is that pride? Good Grief, Lamar Odom was going for 20 rebounds and showboating and nobody put him on his back. Nobody. Not Josh, not Marvin, not Zaza, not Horford and certainly not Joe. No vet, no rookie.

Anyone who's played playground ball knows that if you get out of hand on the wrong court, someone is bodychecking you into pole. When someone starts going off on the offensive end, you set a hard screen on him on the other end of the floor. You knock that punk down.

It's not dirty basketball, it's how men play the game. I miss Kevin Willis. Nobody would have showboated around the rim when Kevin was our enforcer.

Edited by thecampster

i know what you mean. I used to have a pretty short fuse playing pickup games. I am sure that comes as a shock to everyone here.

One of my pet peeves was when people would grab my shirt. i remember one time we had a regular group playing sunday mornings and a friend of mine brought a couple of new guys in. one of them was guarding me and kept grabbing my shirt. Ordinarily i would have set him straight quickly but since my friend brought him in i didn't want to start crap right away.

Finally i told him to stop grabbing my shirt. then he did it against and i was like ok it is on now. Later he had me boxed out perfectly as the ball came right to him on an offensive rebound. when he jumped i pushed him in the back as hard as i could and he went flying out of bounds. I wish i had that on tape. He was too stunned to even call a foul lol.

Then of course he started threatening to beat my *ss. i wish i had a dollar for every time someone said that to me.

i know what you mean. I used to have a pretty short fuse playing pickup games. I am sure that comes as a shock to everyone here.

One of my pet peeves was when people would grab my shirt. i remember one time we had a regular group playing sunday mornings and a friend of mine brought a couple of new guys in. one of them was guarding me and kept grabbing my shirt. Ordinarily i would have set him straight quickly but since my friend brought him in i didn't want to start crap right away.

Finally i told him to stop grabbing my shirt. then he did it against and i was like ok it is on now. Later he had me boxed out perfectly as the ball came right to him on an offensive rebound. when he jumped i pushed him in the back as hard as i could and he went flying out of bounds. I wish i had that on tape. He was too stunned to even call a foul lol.

Then of course he started threatening to beat my *ss. i wish i had a dollar for every time someone said that to me.

I've seen shots fired over bull ish like that. Pulling your shirt is not equal to possibly causing someone to blowout their knee. You must be a joy to play ball with.

I've seen shots fired over bull ish like that. Pulling your shirt is not equal to possibly causing someone to blowout their knee. You must be a joy to play ball with.

If i am trying to sprint down the floor and someone grabs my shirt from behind i could definitely get hurt. And when i pushed him i pushed him in his back so he landed flat on his feet. It isn't like i undercut him. He came down the same way he would if he had just made a running layup.

I told him in clear English to stop grabbing my shirt. If he doesn't understand English that isn't my problem.

I have seen a gun pulled a few times but it has never happened to me. I am not the type to start crap with people. I am not a good enough fighter to get away with that. I don't try to cheat on calls or the score like a lot of people.

But i don't take crap. If someone starts messing with me i am going to end it quickly.