• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Blasphemy!

HalfHawk

• Premium Member

Who really cares about this award anymore? When there are guys like Manu and Terry coming off their bench I don't really consider them the '6th man'. I know technically they are but these guys are starters to me. This award should really go to the best bench players who shouldn't be starting. It's not really even about who is starting anyways--who is finishing games for you? Nonetheless, Flip should've been somewhere on this list, the guy has been great for us all season long. I can't think of how many nights he saved us when Joe and Bibby were having off nights.

If a guy doesn't start, but he's too good then he's "not really a 6th man". If he plays limited minutes he's not considered because his role is too small. It's such a pointless award I think. Everything is a matter of opinion . . . there's no way to judge.

• Premium Member
Who really cares about this award anymore? When there are guys like Manu and Terry coming off their bench I don't really consider them the '6th man'. I know technically they are but these guys are starters to me. This award should really go to the best bench players who shouldn't be starting. It's not really even about who is starting anyways--who is finishing games for you? Nonetheless, Flip should've been somewhere on this list, the guy has been great for us all season long. I can't think of how many nights he saved us when Joe and Bibby were having off nights.

Blame Popovich, he was the guy that decided to take a crap on convention and bring his best player off the bench for no reason... Back in the old days the distinction between starter and bench player was as clear cut as it could get, so the award meant something. Now it's almost like if you want to reward one of the best players from your team you bring him off the bench and play him 32 mins + and guarantee him an award at the end of the year.

Edited by Atlantaholic