• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Amazing happened yesterday

Atlantaholic

Who here thinks Josh Smith's reverse alley-oop will make the Where will amazing happen? playoff add campaign next year?

That was one of the sickest Playoff dunks ever.

It should. He had no business making that play. But, I doubt the NBA will use it. JJ is the poster child for the Hawks. Probably always will be as long as he's a Hawk. Those adds feature the stars of the league - KG, Paul, Carmello, Joe, Duncan - faces people recognize. Despite that 99% of the players in the league probably couldn't make the play Smoove did, he's not considered one of the elite - yet. I think any commercial or league promoting campaign involving the Hawks will always revolve around JJ.

It should. He had no business making that play. But, I doubt the NBA will use it. JJ is the poster child for the Hawks. Probably always will be as long as he's a Hawk. Those adds feature the stars of the league - KG, Paul, Carmello, Joe, Duncan - faces people recognize. Despite that 99% of the players in the league probably couldn't make the play Smoove did, he's not considered one of the elite - yet. I think any commercial or league promoting campaign involving the Hawks will always revolve around JJ.

I have to peacefully disagree. The league KNOWS who Smoove is. They know what he is capable of. He is the Hawks "Highlight Factory." NBA fans already know how exciting he is. It has been mentioned by anyone and everyone that if he gets more consistent with his jumper and plays more cerebral, he's an All-Star, plus he brings energy and excitement. He's ready for the big stage.

I'd actually rather see the one handed oop he threw down in the half court... it came out of no where and you could see just how high he can get even without a running start. Interestingly enought, its not in any of these "slow motion" dunk captures from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXsRSFsHlzE

They would all work as a good commercial. You could do the reverse oop in transition from Bibby and watch Smith backtrack and then pan to the crowd going nuts and say "Where hometown heroes happen" or something.

I'd actually rather see the one handed oop he threw down in the half court... it came out of no where and you could see just how high he can get even without a running start. Interestingly enought, its not in any of these "slow motion" dunk captures from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXsRSFsHlzE

They would all work as a good commercial. You could do the reverse oop in transition from Bibby and watch Smith backtrack and then pan to the crowd going nuts and say "Where hometown heroes happen" or something.

That sir....Is Brilliant.

Hawksquawk....Where Brilliance Happens.