• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks aren't the better team

HawkItus

The Hawks jumble of a roster strikes again. For seasons the Hawks have battled the perception of good team, good talent. In my opinion the debate is over. We have good talent, we don't have a team. In this series the heat have a better team. They have PG, SG, SF, PF, and Center. Truthfully the guys we have playing the positions besides shooting guard are better talents, but it doesn't make us a better team. That's why we see the problems of 1 or 2 guys being on and the rest of the team being off. Or everybody just looking lost. Horford needs to be our PF. Marvin if he can stay healthy needs to be our SF. Joe is fine at shooting guard. Bibby honestly shouldn't be resigned. We need a more traditional PG that can penetrate on offense to relieve some of the pressure. At center we don't need a star. We need an average guy with size. We lose so many rebounds and tip ins on the inside because we just don't have the size. We aren't the better team. No matter what happens in this series. If we win it will be because our collective talent won out, but the inconsistency will prevail until we get an actual team on the court.

The Hawks jumble of a roster strikes again. For seasons the Hawks have battled the perception of good team, good talent. In my opinion the debate is over. We have good talent, we don't have a team. In this series the heat have a better team. They have PG, SG, SF, PF, and Center. Truthfully the guys we have playing the positions besides shooting guard are better talents, but it doesn't make us a better team. That's why we see the problems of 1 or 2 guys being on and the rest of the team being off. Or everybody just looking lost. Horford needs to be our PF. Marvin if he can stay healthy needs to be our SF. Joe is fine at shooting guard. Bibby honestly shouldn't be resigned. We need a more traditional PG that can penetrate on offense to relieve some of the pressure. At center we don't need a star. We need an average guy with size. We lose so many rebounds and tip ins on the inside because we just don't have the size. We aren't the better team. No matter what happens in this series. If we win it will be because our collective talent won out, but the inconsistency will prevail until we get an actual team on the court.

Up until game three, I would have disagreed that Miami had the better TEAM. Looking back on what we did over the course of an entire season, and the talent we have, I would have said we are the better team. However, when you factor in COACHING, sharing the ball, etc...all the factors that a "team" encompasses, maybe Miami is better...all we have to do is look at the new banner. I think Dolfan hit the nail on the head, it speaks for itself.

We are DEFINITELY the better team. It's just that their superstar is playing like a superstar. And our star player is playing like complete garbage. If JJ plays close to his season averages, we probably win Game 2 ( barely ), but still lose Game 3.

That Miami squad is just as schizophrenic as we are, because their players do exactly like we do at times. The Hawks are simply being outplayed by the Heat, and are not willing to grind this ish out, like they should be doing.

From a coaching standpoint, Woody has to either play a zone, and run the risk of Wade carving that zone up. Or simply play Wade straight up, and defend him when he gets in the paint. But our guys are going to have to stay at home with their shooters. Force Wade to hit every mid-range and long-range jumper that he can.

I would like to see Solo in a few stretches, just to see if he can have an impact on the boards, and with his shot blocking.