• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

“Yes, we were very insulted,”

HawkNJersey

So you're no longer concerned about "showboating" and "disrespecting the other team" but we're moving on to dunking when you aren't a good shooter?

Are we going to do selective reading again? Okay let me paraphrase for you. If you do not have the credentials or the game to back it up you should't be showboating. Till you have multiple allstar selections, a championship, gold medal, humanitarian award, noble peace prize whatever, hell how bout just winning a first round playoff series you wil always just be Ricky Davis.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we going to do selective reading again? Okay let me paraphrase for you. If you do not have the credentials or the game to back it up you should't be showboating. Till you have multiple allstar selections, a championship, gold medal, humanitarian award, noble peace prize whatever, hell how bout just winning a first round playoff series you wil always just be Ricky Davis.

So showboating and disrespect are ok if you have won a title?

Uhhmm no!! You don't see Tom Brady just throwing a hail mary pass when they are up by 21 at the end of the game just to see how strong his arm is do you. Jordan, btw, the first time was after his dad died, the second time he felt like he could just switch sports and be the next Bo Jackson...WRONG!! WRONG!! He saw how bad he sucked and learned his lesson and stuck to what he knew best...and the third time, he just knew he wasn't himself anymore....ya'll come back ya hear

"....Mentally, I am exhausted. I don't feel I have the challenge. Physically, I feel great. The last time, in '93, I had other agendas. I knew wanted to play baseball. I felt that at my age, it was a good opportunity and time to do it. With the death of my father, I was basically trying to deal with that. This time, I'm at peace with a lot of those things. I know from a career standpoint I've accomplished everything I could as an individual. Right now, I don't have the mental challenges that I've had in the past to proceed as a basketball player. Sure I'm pretty sure people say, well, there's a lot of different challenges that could evolve. And for me to start something and then in the middle of the season lose interest, and lose my motivation, it's unfair to the people that I'm working with and working for, and to the fans. So I alleviated that opportunity by saying this is a perfect time for me to walk away from the game and I'm at peace with that...."

here is the rest of the speach if you want to keep reading http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketbal...rdan_statement/

Exactly...he's an elitist..snap back to reality

Just to end my side of this conversation seeing as I'm being referred to as some "liberal elite" which signals time to move on, going back to my first post on this just to clarify my position. My belief is that this a weak team mentally, there are issues up and down the board regarding that aspect of their game from management on down. You have an emotionally unstable player with not much merit to his career other than his "potential" showboating against an opponent he has yet to put away. The issue there is that players take notice and given Smith's personality, will he be able to weather the storm and handle a situation where he is callled out or disrespected himself? He has yet to demonstrate this in his career which is why I question him dishing it out. When it comes to superstars they may embarass opponents but they do it knowing they have the talent and credentials to not only get away with it, but not get embarassed themselves. Sure they may be thought of as d**ks but atleast people respect their games, I personnaly never liked Jordan because he was a d**k but he could put me in awe. I don't want to think of Josh as a d**K because I trully like the guy but when he starts to show out what stance then are we going to take when the Cavaliers run roughshod over us? We can't complain or b*tch over them dancing or posing or dunking or chucking threes up when the game is at hand. Part of the allure that drew me to this franchise other than Mutombo was the David vs. Goliath feel, I cant get that feeling if players who have something to prove are acting like they've done all there is to do. I live in New York so I know all about douche franchises and front runner fans so we need to stay humble, when we shock the world and win a chip thats when we can whip out that group choreographed stanky leg.......... :cheers:

Anyone that doesn't understand that it was imature, classless, show-boating must be as immature as Smoove. Did you ever see Mr. Class Tim Duncan; in all his playoff opportunities, pull a stunt like that? NO.

You can't give one reason that he should have done that, but many why he shouldn't have.

I'm sure that the stunt only reinforced the national perception that Smoove is an immersely gifted athlete, who still behaves like a 14 year old.

Smoove, please grow up and your game will follow.

You know good and well Timmy can't go through the legs. =)

This entire situation reminds me of how Paul Pierce got mad at Al Horford for talking smack at the end of the victory in Game 3 of that series. The next day, all you could hear about was "Well, Paul Pierce isn't going to take that lightly. The Celtics are going to DESTROY the Hawks for that gesture by Horford," and we all know what happened in the next game. Paul Pierce was invisible when he wasn't whining about calls as usual.

Once again, if it takes the other team doing something that you didn't particularly like to get fired up, then you're in more trouble than we could possibly know.