I've seen enough. Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

Antmillennium

Yes, I know. Josh Smith needs to learn how to play smarter, work on his jumpshot, and etc... However, you can trade Josh Smith for whomever you want to, but Joe Johnson will still be what he is - and that's a passive . He's supposed to be the star of the team, but he has no heart. Dwyane Wade is killing us, and Joe Johnson has no kind of response whatsoever. 'Nique would have NEVER stood for that. Joe Johnson doesn't attack the double team. He just sits and passively WAITS for the double team!!!!! I believe that Joe is 27 years old, but he moves around the court like he's 47. Joe Johnson doesn't have the heart, mental toughness, or the athleticism to be the lead man for this team. Instead of rising to the occasion, he's the type that shrinks back and disappears. He is easily taken out of the game, and he ACCEPTS it!!!!!!! Role players play well at home and disappear on the road. Stars are supposed to play well on the road and at home. Joe Johnson has only played well one time during this whole series. I've seen enough. Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

Edited by Dolfan23

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know. Josh Smith needs to learn how to play smarter, work on his jumpshot, and etc... However, you can trade Josh Smith for whomever you want to, but Joe Johnson will still be what he is - and that's a passive . He's supposed to be the star of the team, but he has no heart. Dwyane Wade is killing us, and Joe Johnson has no kind of response whatsoever. 'Nique would have NEVER stood for that. Joe Johnson doesn't attack the double team. He just sits and passively WAITS for the double team!!!!! I believe that Joe is 27 years old, but he moves around the court like he's 47. Joe Johnson doesn't have the heart, mental toughness, or the athleticism to be the lead man for this team. Instead of rising to the occasion, he's the type that shrinks back and disappears. He is easily taken out of the game, and he ACCEPTS it!!!!!!! Role players play well at home and disappear on the road. Stars are supposed to play well on the road and at home. Joe Johnson has only played well one time during this whole series. I've seen enough. Joe Johnson needs to be traded.

I'd move him for TMAC tomorrow...Injured or no injured. At least I know that TMAC is a superstar and not some laid back country bumpkin like JJ

Edited by gsuteke

• Premium Member

Joe clearly has been coached to wait for the double team.

His shot hasn't been falling, but he's rarely seen an open shot this series. Did you see where they doubled him 30 feet from the basket tonight?

The problem is that Joe should be getting the ball in a position to shoot, not create.

Edited by mrhonline

Joe clearly has been coached to wait for the double team.

Even if the coaches are stupid enough to tell him to wait for the double-team, what's even more disturbing than that is the fact that Joe Johnson is willing to accept that losing strategy. That just shows that he's too passive to be a lead man for any team in the NBA.

• Premium Member

Joe would easily be one of the best 2nd options in the NBA. You don't trade him, you bring in someone to complement him.

I think the Hawks need to push for a Bosh/Smith trade as hard as they possibly can.

Joe would easily be one of the best 2nd options in the NBA. You don't trade him, you bring in someone to complement him.

I think the Hawks need to push for a Bosh/Smith trade as hard as they possibly can.

Naw, we need to trade Joe. He's the biggest problem with this team right now. He has no heart. Also, even if we bring Bosh in, Woody would still think that Joe is our "STAR" and would "gameplan" accordingly. Even when Joe had open looks, he bricked them. DWade was drilling contested 3-pointers left and right. Crybaby Wade has 10 times the heart and determination of Joe Johnson - not to mention that he's way more athletic.

Edited by Antmillennium

I have seen enough as well. Very disappointing.

Edited by gsuteke

Derrick Rose isn't a ra-ra guy (rather boring demeanor), and neither does Ben Gordon, but these guys show up for their teams on most nights and play like leaders.

I am profoundly disappointed in Joe Johnson and I don't think he will get better in handling pressure. He is who he is. He plays scared when the spotlight is on him and that has become an undeniable fact.

The Hawks may win Game 7, but I don't see him doing anything to make me think differently of him.

I have rarely criticized Joe and tried to reserve judgment, but we have a pretty good sample size of Joe Johnson under pressure, in the spotlight and on the road... and he has failed. Look at how Derrick Rose and Ben Gordon rise to the occasion on the road, now they may lose a game, but they show up. Joe Johnson simply doesn't show up and it seems his courage, basketball IQ and leadership skills takes a vacation.

JJ wants to be paid like a superstar, but plays like he is a backup player. Joe Johnson shouldn't be considered among today's NBA's greats, and even though I hate Paul Pierce. Pierce was right to say Joe Johnson didn't deserve to be on the All-Star team last year. Johnson should be offered an extension or even a pay increase.

JJ sealed his fate as being perceived as a leader and prime-time player with his inconsistent, scared performances during the playoffs..especially on the road--where NBA reputations are made..

Edited by HAWKS1986

Joe is like Paul Pierce in that they are strictly jump shooters and are both SFs. Paul is just a better scorer than Joe and has a quicker first step.

I know you didn't just compare Joe to Paul Pierce.

Well, kinda figured that there'd be some dumb posts like this. Hawksquawk is the epitome of kneejerk reactions.

Yeah, and I guess you're one of the "smart" guys that thinks Joe Johnson is a superstar in this league and that it's the fault of everyone else that Joe can't seem to score more than 15 points every night.

Yeah, and I guess you're one of the "smart" guys that thinks Joe Johnson is a superstar in this league and that it's the fault of everyone else that Joe can't seem to score more than 15 points every night.

I'm just a guy that doesn't cry out "TRADE OUR ONLY ALL-STAR" after a loss.

Please tell me what rational fan would want their only all-star traded. Yeah that's a wonderful idea, trade the leading scorer and leader in other stats. Such a smart idea from such a smart fan. I swear, if you were a Laker fan, you'd probably be crying for Kobe to be traded after they lost that one game to Utah.

I'm just saying, chill with the kneejerkiness.

Edited by LOL_Hawks