• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 problems i saw with last night's game...

PatheticATLfan

What we need to change for game 7 if we are to win.

1. This was obviuos but play with more heart. We had no energy last night and Woody even pointed this out after the 1st quarter. Maybe everyone got in and got plenty of rest today.

2. Post Joe Johnson up!! Let Joe work off the block instead of giving it to him at the top of the key. If and when Joe gets doubled....ROTATE the ball!(and not to Josh either. In fact...put Josh on the other block. I would rather see Zsa Zsa shoot a 3 then Josh at this stage.)

3. Where was the pick and roll last night??? It is our best half court play and we usually get dunks out of it when we run it with Josh. At least that would get him away from the perimeter.

If we can successfully do those 3 things, we win game 7 easy and then go on to get our butts handed to us by the Cavs. If not...we go home one series early. :sad:

What we need to change for game 7 if we are to win.

1. This was obviuos but play with more heart. We had no energy last night and Woody even pointed this out after the 1st quarter. Maybe everyone got in and got plenty of rest today.

2. Post Joe Johnson up!! Let Joe work off the block instead of giving it to him at the top of the key. If and when Joe gets doubled....ROTATE the ball!(and not to Josh either. In fact...put Josh on the other block. I would rather see Zsa Zsa shoot a 3 then Josh at this stage.)

3. Where was the pick and roll last night??? It is our best half court play and we usually get dunks out of it when we run it with Josh. At least that would get him away from the perimeter.

If we can successfully do those 3 things, we win game 7 easy and then go on to get our butts handed to us by the Cavs. If not...we go home one series early. :sad:

Pick and roll??? When have we ever picked and rolled? I see a lot of picks, but not much else after the pick.

2. Post Joe Johnson up!! Let Joe work off the block instead of giving it to him at the top of the key.

I still have the Golden St game from 2 years ago, when Salim had a great game. He and JJ ran the post up game to perfection. Salim would feed JJ, who would be posted up on the low block. If Salim's man didn't double, JJ would try to score with a post up move. If Salim's man tried to double JJ, JJ would simply kick it back out to Salim for the jumper.

I would love to see more of JJ in the post, especially if Woody played him at the 3, with Bibby and Flip on the floor. You would have 2 shooters on the floor within JJ's line of vision.

Problem is . . to counter that, I'd send Haslem over to double JJ, and leave Smith open. JJ would see the double, kick it to Bibby, and Bibby would swing it to a wide open Smoove. Smith takes a 21 footer and miss . . and that would be the end of the offensive possession.

Still . . I'd love to see more of JJ in the post.

Pick and roll??? When have we ever picked and rolled? I see a lot of picks, but not much else after the pick.

You obviously haven't watched many games then. We have picked and rolled with ALOT of success this year especially with Josh. I just wished we did it more.

I still have the Golden St game from 2 years ago, when Salim had a great game. He and JJ ran the post up game to perfection. Salim would feed JJ, who would be posted up on the low block. If Salim's man didn't double, JJ would try to score with a post up move. If Salim's man tried to double JJ, JJ would simply kick it back out to Salim for the jumper.

I would love to see more of JJ in the post, especially if Woody played him at the 3, with Bibby and Flip on the floor. You would have 2 shooters on the floor within JJ's line of vision.

Problem is . . to counter that, I'd send Haslem over to double JJ, and leave Smith open. JJ would see the double, kick it to Bibby, and Bibby would swing it to a wide open Smoove. Smith takes a 21 footer and miss . . and that would be the end of the offensive possession.

Still . . I'd love to see more of JJ in the post.

Yeah.. I agree. Seems like when JJ gets it at the top of the key, he dribbles way to much and he seems to be having a hadr time shaking whoever is guarding him. I would much rather see him in the post shooting the quick turnaround or drawing the double and kicking. Maybe we could put Josh at the elbow and when the double comes from Haslem he could pinch down for the est dunk.

You obviously haven't watched many games then. We have picked and rolled with ALOT of success this year especially with Josh. I just wished we did it more.

I don't know. I've been watching the games and hoping that they would pick and roll. I often wonder why Josh Smith sets the screen and then just sets up behind the 3-point line. I recall thinking many times that if they'd just tell Josh to roll after he sets the pick that he'd get a lot of easy alley-oop bucks like Tyson Chandler does. It could just be me, but I don't recall there being many pick and rolls at all.

I don't know. I've been watching the games and hoping that they would pick and roll. I often wonder why Josh Smith sets the screen and then just sets up behind the 3-point line. I recall thinking many times that if they'd just tell Josh to roll after he sets the pick that he'd get a lot of easy alley-oop bucks like Tyson Chandler does. It could just be me, but I don't recall there being many pick and rolls at all.

to some,just setting a pick for the ball carrier equals pick and roll to them.

to some,just setting a pick for the ball carrier equals pick and roll to them.

I didn't say we did it alot...I said when we have rolled out of the pick we have had alot of success this season. The point i am trying to make is we should do it more. Boston made a living with it tonight and the hard double Miami is showing on Joe should leave the picker wide open to at the very least draw a foul.

Game one, Bibby and Josh were running the pick and roll and it was an alley-oop fest, remember?

Don't know what happened to that.