• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Game 2 Victory Points

HawkItus

I love when the color guys give victory points before games so I thought I'd see what Hawksquawk would say if they had the Color seat for this one. Here are mine and feel free to add your own.

1) Josh Smith must own the rim:

Nothing magical here. I just think Josh is one of the most intimidating forces in the league on offense and defense when he owns the rim. Hard dunks and highlight lay ins on offense and be a destructive force on any one who dares to cross the dotted line on defense. Let's face it Lebron scares this team. Time to equal out the fear factor.

2) Run Z off the floor: This is made harder with Al's injury, but I say run a Solo, hell even Smith at the Center position. We aren't going to win the Matchup game so let's make them adapt to us. If we make Z a liability on D then maybe they'll be tempted to move a Joe Smith or Wallace into the lineup earlier. We get a better matchup and weaken their bench.

3) Remember the time: Yeah like the old MJ song the Hawks need to flash back to better times. Like last year against Boston at home. The first few games of this season. The seven game home stand we had in the second half. Remember the things that proved most successful and have some fun.

• Premium Member
I love when the color guys give victory points before games so I thought I'd see what Hawksquawk would say if they had the Color seat for this one. Here are mine and feel free to add your own.

1) Josh Smith must own the rim:

Nothing magical here. I just think Josh is one of the most intimidating forces in the league on offense and defense when he owns the rim. Hard dunks and highlight lay ins on offense and be a destructive force on any one who dares to cross the dotted line on defense. Let's face it Lebron scares this team. Time to equal out the fear factor.

2) Run Z off the floor: This is made harder with Al's injury, but I say run a Solo, hell even Smith at the Center position. We aren't going to win the Matchup game so let's make them adapt to us. If we make Z a liability on D then maybe they'll be tempted to move a Joe Smith or Wallace into the lineup earlier. We get a better matchup and weaken their bench.

3) Remember the time: Yeah like the old MJ song the Hawks need to flash back to better times. Like last year against Boston at home. The first few games of this season. The seven game home stand we had in the second half. Remember the things that proved most successful and have some fun.

What scares me is that last game Josh had a great game and Z was a total non-factor and we still got blown out.