• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lets get Rubio!

D.R.P.

It time this team gets a franchise point guard. The Hawks have the right pieces to get Rubio.

Let's do the following trade.

Horford, #19 pick, filler

With this trade happening the Hawks could then turn around and trade for a center. Sund could basically take his pick of the following centers:

Marcus Camby

Chris Kaman

Samuel Dalembert

Tyson Chandler

All it would take is a trade of Speedy, & Mo Evans since the teams are looking to dump these player.

The main snag will be that Mark Gasol would be pissed if the Grizz didn't pick Rubio; but the good news is that Chris Wallace is their GM.

Edited by D.R.P.

I like that idea more than the idea of trading Josh Smith for Rubio. I think smoove has more upside than Horford.

I do think we can keep the #19 pick though....to replace the loss of Horford with BJ Mullens.

I'm also happy staying put and drafting a pg at 19

I like that idea more than the idea of trading Josh Smith for Rubio. I think smoove has more upside than Horford.

I do think we can keep the #19 pick though....to replace the loss of Horford with BJ Mullens.

I'm also happy staying put and drafting a pg at 19

Also it would be much harder to move Josh Smith because of his salary. (The hawks would have to take back some bad contracts.)

I really would like to see what Josh could do with a stud at the point that would direct him where to be on the floor.

Even though he is young, Rubio would come in and be the instant leader (alfa dog) of this team. I remember staying up late watching the Olympics; he was leading the Spanish team even though he was only 17 at the time.

Just to throw some cold water on the trade Smith ideas, he can't be easily traded until late in the summer, specifically after the anniversary of him signing his current contract.

The idea of using our junk to get one of Kaman/Camby is funny. Many teams will be in the hunt for those guys.

You guys need to realize that other teams will be bidding against us to get players. We aren't going to be able to get a top tier center for Speedy and fillers- that isn't happening.

To get a center we will have to move one of:

Smith

Horford

Williams

More than likely it will be Smith in a late summer trade due to salary matching issues and Smith's relationship (or lack thereof) with Woody.

Just to throw some cold water on the trade Smith ideas, he can't be easily traded until late in the summer, specifically after the anniversary of him signing his current contract.

The idea of using our junk to get one of Kaman/Camby is funny. Many teams will be in the hunt for those guys.

You guys need to realize that other teams will be bidding against us to get players. We aren't going to be able to get a top tier center for Speedy and fillers- that isn't happening.

To get a center we will have to move one of:

Smith

Horford

Williams

More than likely it will be Smith in a late summer trade due to salary matching issues and Smith's relationship (or lack thereof) with Woody.

You're forgetting about one thing capspace. The teams of the players I mentioned need to clear some capspace. Heck the Hornets tried to trade Tyson Chandler just to clear space. Donald Sterling is known for being cheap and Mike Dunleavy is a horrible coach/gm, so you can't put it pass them taking Speedy & Mo for one of their centers.

Chances of a franchise trading Rubio for anything short of a potential all star: 0 .

2 years ago it was Ray Allen for a #5 in a weak draft. This year, I would think that it would take nothing short of a young all star to pry rubio away from memphis or okc.

Edited by dlpin

You're forgetting about one thing capspace. The teams of the players I mentioned need to clear some capspace. Heck the Hornets tried to trade Tyson Chandler just to clear space. Donald Sterling is known for being cheap and Mike Dunleavy is a horrible coach/gm, so you can't put it pass them taking Speedy & Mo for one of their centers.

Oh, no doubt the Clippers will be shopping Kaman or Camby around. But what frosgrin was alluding to, and what everyone else needs to keep in mind, is that it doesn't matter if a trade is fair, what matters is if anyone else can offer more.

And in this case, the answer is a resounding yes. Besides, what can the Hawks offer in terms of cap relief? The hawks are not under the cap, so they can't just absorb these player's contracts, and the only significant expiring contract it has to offer is Joe Johnson's.

Chances of a franchise trading Rubio for anything short of a potential all star: 0 .

2 years ago it was Ray Allen for a #5 in a weak draft. This year, I would think that it would take nothing short of a young all star to pry rubio away from memphis or okc.

Memphis needs some size up front more than they need Rubio.

Ray Allen was coming off of a major injury, plus the Sonics were looking to unload his salary. (Heck, Seattle lost the team because the Sonics were losing millions of dollars every year.)

Edited by D.R.P.

Memphis needs some size up front more than they need Rubio.

That is why I said Memphis OR OKC. Neither of those are going to trade the number 2 or 3 pick for a guy who is solid but far from super star potential.

And not only would this trade be lopsided in favor of the hawks, I guarantee other teams could more than match whatever the hawks are offering. New York, Minnesota and GS have better picks, comparable young players, and more expiring contracts.

That is why I said Memphis OR OKC. Neither of those are going to trade the number 2 or 3 pick for a guy who is solid but far from super star potential.

And not only would this trade be lopsided in favor of the hawks, I guarantee other teams could more than match whatever the hawks are offering. New York, Minnesota and GS have better picks, comparable young players, and more expiring contracts.

Memphis is not going to be taking on any players with high salaries. So what team in the lottery (that needs a point guard) has a better big on a rookie contract than Horford? Also the Hawks have more valuable assets (Childress, Andersen and Akyol), that could also be included in a trade. The Grizz and the Thunder basically need the same things; veteran players and a big that can defend and rebound (Horford).

Edited by D.R.P.

I doubt Woodson plays a rookie mexican version of Luke Ridnour. I just dont see it happening.

Rubio is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than Luke Ridnour.

Also Rubio is an excellent defender.

Obviously you didn't watch the Olympics or your joking.

If Rubio can start for the Spanish National Team (that almost beat the U. S. Team during the Olympics) at the age of 17 than he can overcome playing for Mike Woodson. Even with Woodson's incompetence, Woody would have no choice but to play Rubio. Woodson would love to have a player like Rubio because he can run an offense, play defense and RR is 6' 4". Mark my words Rubio is going to be a special player.

Edited by D.R.P.

Rubio is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than Luke Ridnour.

Also Rubio is an excellent defender.

Obviously you didn't watch the Olympics or your joking.

Carlos Arroyo made himself some cash off the olympics too. If we are lucky enough to get pick #2 for Al we best be taking Dikembe jr. If we want a guard so bad trade up to get Curry.

Edited by NJHAWK

Carlos Arroyo made himself some cash off the olympics too. If we are lucky enough to get pick #2 for Al and want a g we best be taking Dikembe jr. If we want a guard so bad trade up to get Curry.

Carlos Arroyo? Seriously your kidding right?

The Hawks lack of an offense (other than ISO this player) is a bigger problem than their defense. Curry is great shooter, than what? Curry is not a true point guard and is a poor defender. Basically, he would be a Mike Bibby clone.

Edited by D.R.P.

Carlos Arroyo? Seriously your kidding right?

The Hawks lack of an offense (other than ISO this player) is a bigger problem than their defense. Curry is great shooter, than what? Curry is not a true point guard and is a poor defender. Basically, he would be a Mike Bibby clone.

No Im not. Arroyo dominated in Olympic play nad got a nice fat nba deal only to fall flat on his face. Who gives a flying rats ayss about what Rubio did in the olympics. When he gets to the nba he will be a bust. The Hawks are looking to reach the next level not rebuild with a mexican Luke Ridnour. Arroyo sigle handedly lead Puerto Rico in a massacre of team usa and was scoring double digits in points and assist in the 2004 olympics. Rubio averaged Acie Law type numbers and he was on a much better team. Thank your lucky stars we wont be the buffoons taking the bait on this bust.

Edited by NJHAWK

No Im not. Arroyo dominated in Olympic play nad got a nice fat nba deal only to fall flat on his face. Who gives a flying rats ayss about what Rubio did in the olympics. When he gets to the nba he will be a bust. The Hawks are looking to reach the next level not rebuild with a mexican Luke Ridnour

First of all Ricky Rubio is not Mexican he is Spanish and if you think he is the second coming of Luke Ridnour, than that tells me all I need to know about your lack of basketball knowledge.

Also, how old is Arroyo? Did Arroyo lead his team to the Olympic championship game?

Edited by D.R.P.

I also love people trying to say this guy can defend. Who the hell has he ever defended? 4ppg 3assist in last years olympics but he is a shut down Pau Gasol type defender, lol.

First of all Ricky Rubio is not Mexican he is Spanish and if you think he is the second coming of Luke Ridnour, than that tells me all I need to know about your lack of basketball knowledge.

Also, how old is Arroyo? Did Arroyo lead his team to the Olympic championship game?

If Rubio " led the Spanish in last years olympics then ACie Law " led" the Hawks to the 2nd round of the playoffs this year with his 2 or 3 ppg. You get caught in all the hype you want .

The Pistol Pete comparrison takes the cake. I cant take it anymore. Your talking about a guy who could who averaged 43 f'n points a game at Rubios age not 4 points a game. THANK GOD WE ARE IN NO POSITION TO FALL IN TO THIS DARKO SIZED TRAP.