• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have a full proof plan for the Hawks to be title contenders but I need help

NJHAWK

Can we renounce our rights to Bibby, ZazA, and company and trade Marv and Speedys deal for a future pick and somehow someway GET KOBE BRYANT TO COME TO THE A. T. L. Maybe if the Lakers lose? Anybody have any ideas how we can do this? :blow out candles: It would be like a fans birthday present.

Edited by NJHAWK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we renounce our rights to Bibby, ZazA, and company and trade Marv and Speedys deal for a future pick and somehow someway GET KOBE BRYANT TO COME TO THE A. T. L. Maybe if the Lakers lose? Anybody have any ideas how we can do this? :blow out candles: It would be like a fans birthday present.

Why not kill two birds with one stone and just trade Bibby, ZaZa, Marv, and Speedy for Kobe straight up? :conversation:

Seriously, I wonder if losing the Finals two years in a row would make Kobe open to changing markets? If so, he's welcome here, although we can't promise him much of a supporting cast ...or coach ...or ownership group. But he have a GREAT arena full of fairweather Kobe fans!!!

Phil Jackson can come too :helpsmilie:

No matter what we payed Kobe, coming from LA to Atlanta would be massive pay cut in endorsements, quality of life, and prestige. He'd have to share the throne of the east with Lebron and possibly DH. Why would he do that?

PG: Flip/Law/#1 pick

2g: JOE/Mo/Flip

SF: KOBE/Mo/Gardener

PF: Smoove/ Al/ Hunter

C: Al/Morris/Hunter

Well the starting lineup is great but the bench will need some help. lol Alot would depend on either Law or our rookie pg. I think we would still have our MLE to get a decent big to help Al and Smoove.

Edited by NJHAWK

"full proof" ....... i'm sorry but :lol6:

LOL I meant full proof if we get Kobe. Kobe/Joe = Jordan/ Pippen. Na actually Kobe and Joe would be better. The problem is the comp would be tougher than the easy road Jordan and Pippen had especially in the east.

LOL I meant full proof if we get Kobe. Kobe/Joe = Jordan/ Pippen. Na actually Kobe and Joe would be better. The problem is the comp would be tougher than the easy road Jordan and Pippen had especially in the east.

Joe isn't as good as Pippen and Kobe isn't as good as Jordan... I'm not sure how they'd be better.

That being said, sure, I'd give up anything on our team for Kobe to come here but the Lakers wouldn't bite and there is no way Kobe would come here in FAcy unless a) the Lakers no longer wanted him and b) somehow Atlanta could put together a significantly better package than the more desirable teams.

Once Kobe got here, assuming we could keep all of our starting lineup, we still wouldn't necessarilly be good enough to win a title if last season's team with Gasol and Odom couldn't.

Joe isn't as good as Pippen and Kobe isn't as good as Jordan... I'm not sure how they'd be better.

That being said, sure, I'd give up anything on our team for Kobe to come here but the Lakers wouldn't bite and there is no way Kobe would come here in FAcy unless a) the Lakers no longer wanted him and b) somehow Atlanta could put together a significantly better package than the more desirable teams.

Once Kobe got here, assuming we could keep all of our starting lineup, we still wouldn't necessarilly be good enough to win a title if last season's team with Gasol and Odom couldn't.

Pippen has to be the most over rated player in nba history next to maybe Robert Parrish. Without Jordon he was just " a guy".

Pippen has to be the most over rated player in nba history next to maybe Robert Parrish. Without Jordon he was just " a guy".

Yeah, thats true... unfortunately for us he was "a guy" who was better than Joe Johnson has ever been.

Pippen in 93-94 (no MJ) was 22-8.7-5.6-2.9 on 49% shooting (23.2 PER; 3rd in MVP voting; 4th in DPOY voting) leading a 55 win team that was a BS foul call against Ewing's Knicks away from the ECF. The next season he put up similar numbers but led his team in every statistical catergory.

Joe Johnson, as much as he has done for this franchise has never come close to a) matching those numbers b) leading that talented a team or c) being within the same stratosphere as Pippen defensively.

OMG it keeps getting better. :lol6:

Yeah, thats true... unfortunately for us he was "a guy" who was better than Joe Johnson has ever been.

Pippen in 93-94 (no MJ) was 22-8.7-5.6-2.9 on 49% shooting (23.2 PER; 3rd in MVP voting; 4th in DPOY voting) leading a 55 win team that was a BS foul call against Ewing's Knicks away from the ECF. The next season he put up similar numbers but led his team in every statistical catergory.

Joe Johnson, as much as he has done for this franchise has never come close to a) matching those numbers b) leading that talented a team or c) being within the same stratosphere as Pippen defensively.

I could be wrong but I think Joe has already passed him in 20ppg seasons and Joe gets assist like him as well. I know Joe isnt the rebounder he was but he is a better scorer. You also fail to mentin the laughable years he had after Tex and Phil in his many travels. As for Kobe he has alot of haters but his game is right there with Jordan and again the east has alot more comp than just the Bulls arch rival Knicks which were a joke. Joe playing with Kobe would be sick.

I could be wrong but I think Joe has already passed him in 20ppg seasons and Joe gets assist like him as well. I know Joe isnt the rebounder he was but he is a better scorer. You also fail to mentin the laughable years he had after Tex and Phil in his many travels. As for Kobe he has alot of haters but his game is right there with Jordan and again the east has alot more comp than just the Bulls arch rival Knicks which were a joke. Joe playing with Kobe would be sick.

:questions:

OMG it keeps getting better. :lol6:

That was my reaction when Pippen was named one of the 50 best all time nba players. He won nothing by himself and just didnt have the numbers to be on that list. He was Robin or maybe even Wonder Woman. Had you replaced Nique with Pippen here we would have been a lottery team throughout the 80's and early 90's.

Edited by NJHAWK

You are wrong, yes, Joe has not passed him. Although I have no doubt he will. Pippen's strength was as a defender, he just happened to be a point forward who could score, handle the ball, facilitate, and rebound. Did he fall off in his mid-30s? Sure, who cares?

Joe has had one season where he was a better scorer than Pippen, that was his 57 game season in 07'. That was also his worst season as a passer since coming here and he's never been near the defender or rebounder as Pip. Joe is a better shooter than Scottie Pippen and that is it.

By the way, what does full proof mean if different than fool proof? Does it mean fully proven?

Edited by crimedog