• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I wonder what we're trading Marvin for?

Diesel

I think Crawford can be more than a BU SG. I think he can be the starting SG... roll Joe to SF. I believe wholeheartedly that Bibby is coming back. That leaves Marvin for a trade.

Now, we can say Marvin and Smoove for Bosh or Amare... However, I want to believe that we sure up holes by getting a defensive big (Pryz) and a pretty good PG (who could challenge Bibby) in Blake. Then we can draft either a SG (Ellington) or a PG (Lawson) or an OG (Teague).

It's all interesting tonight!

The beauty of our roster (well, the beauty of Joe Johnson) is that we have OPTIONS, so we can react to any curveballs (some lunatics throwing too much money at Marvin, etc). We could slide Joe to SF and start Crawford at SG (in fact, that seems like a nice late game 'bombs away' lineup if you are trying to make up points.) I'd love to see Bibby AND Marvin back, just so we keep that kind of versatility.

What makes you so sure Bibby is staying? This trade is a clear indicaton that Bibby is not going to be offered a contract to re-sign, the problem is that marvin hate is clouding peoples glasses so they cant see the big picture. Their hate is making them see Crawford as a sg and not a pg, I know he is not a true point guard, but that is the position he plays.

I do think Bibby was very underrated on this board last year, he was the real reason this team was any good, and losing him will be a huge loss. I see Crawford as a similar player to Bibby but in a bigger body and athletically superior. Bibbys leadership and command of a team is the x factor that will be missed. It will be interesting to see how this team reacts.

The beauty of our roster (well, the beauty of Joe Johnson) is that we have OPTIONS, so we can react to any curveballs (some lunatics throwing too much money at Marvin, etc). We could slide Joe to SF and start Crawford at SG (in fact, that seems like a nice late game 'bombs away' lineup if you are trying to make up points.) I'd love to see Bibby AND Marvin back, just so we keep that kind of versatility.

I also see Crawford being our option at SG if Joe walks in a year.......

Oh I'm sorry, did I ruin the party?

Minny more than ever has a huge hole at SF. Pick 6 and Songalia for MW. I know for a fact they will pick Evans with one of their top 6 picks..

If this happened I'd jump for joy for about 20 minutes straight...no joke..Tyreke Evans for Marvin..where do I sign.... :blow out candles:

• Premium Member
What makes you so sure Bibby is staying? This trade is a clear indicaton that Bibby is not going to be offered a contract to re-sign, the problem is that marvin hate is clouding peoples glasses so they cant see the big picture. Their hate is making them see Crawford as a sg and not a pg, I know he is not a true point guard, but that is the position he plays.

I do think Bibby was very underrated on this board last year, he was the real reason this team was any good, and losing him will be a huge loss. I see Crawford as a similar player to Bibby but in a bigger body and athletically superior. Bibbys leadership and command of a team is the x factor that will be missed. It will be interesting to see how this team reacts.

First and foremost, Crawford is not a PG, not even close to a PG. He's a SG/OG type of guy. So this trade doesn't eliminate Bibby. Secondly, up until 1 report the other day, every word out of Gearon Jr. and Sund's mouth was a glowing report for Bibby. Comments like "Bibby is young", "we wouldn't have made the playoffs without Bibby", and just the overall feeling that Bibby somehow was a good lockerroom guy makes me believe that Sund was going to ask Bibby back.

7 Million is a limit that I would put on Bibby also... Actually 8.3 to start is the top of my Bibby limit (3 yr). However, I really wouldn't want to pay him that much. Also, I doubt that Bibby can get a deal ANYWHERE making over 7. So I kinda disregarded the message that Both sides have collapse at 7 million. That's BS.

I just fully suspect that when the dust clears, Bibby will be back with the Hawks.