• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We could have had Monte Ellis for Acie Law

NJHAWK

Let me guess GEARON AND THE SPIRIT BLOCKED THAT ONE LIKE THE CALDERON DEAL !!!

http://i.fanhouse.com/2009/06/24/warriors-...crawford-trade/

It would not have been a straight up deal and most likely had to include other salaries, but I don't remember for sure what Ellis' salary was 2 years ago but either way he was vastly ahead value wise in the NBA. I swear some of you just hate on the owners and Woody sometimes without even thinking about it.

It would not have been a straight up deal and most likely had to include other salaries, but I don't remember for sure what Ellis' salary was 2 years ago but either way he was vastly ahead value wise in the NBA. I swear some of you just hate on the owners and Woody sometimes without even thinking about it.

I like Woody and liked Knight. I dont like the fact that our owners got involved in player decisions that didnt have anything to do with overall payroll.

I like Woody and liked Knight. I dont like the fact that our owners got involved in player decisions that didnt have anything to do with overall payroll.

How do you figure it didn't involve payroll? Every move the team makes affects payroll, maybe not this season but certainly in future seasons. The owners absolutely should have some say in whether or not the team makes a move unless it's an absolute even swap of money, years, etc.

Let me guess GEARON AND THE SPIRIT BLOCKED THAT ONE LIKE THE CALDERON DEAL !!!

http://i.fanhouse.com/2009/06/24/warriors-...crawford-trade/

Did you even read the article?

"a trade that involved Law and would have included Ellis going to the Hawks"

This means the trade could have been Josh Smith+Acie for Monte Ellis. I guess the ownership are bad guys for blocking that one right?

What a stupid conclusion to jump to.

Edited by BossTweed

How do you figure it didn't involve payroll? Every move the team makes affects payroll, maybe not this season but certainly in future seasons. The owners absolutely should have some say in whether or not the team makes a move unless it's an absolute even swap of money, years, etc.

Chills for Calderon was an even swap money wise. Now Calderon went on to make more but not as much as Chills and Bibbys salary together. I think Calderon/Mo/Flip would have been alot cheaper than Bibby/Chills (if we kept him) would have been last year.

Chills for Calderon was an even swap money wise. Now Calderon went on to make more but not as much as Chills and Bibbys salary together. I think Calderon/Mo/Flip would have been alot cheaper than Bibby/Chills (if we kept him) would have been last year.

You think that but you don't have a clue (and neither do any of us) how it would have affected the team financially. It also would have cost us the 11th pick which we thought was going to be a PG that was better than Calderon for a lot less money.

Not to mention that Calderon hasn't done jack with Toronto other than put up stats while Bibby has taken us to the playoffs 2 straight years and I'd rather have him now that we've seen what Calderon looks like running his own team.