• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague's alleged lack of strength

exodus

Since the draft I have seen a lot of comments from the media about Teague needing to get stronger, as if lack of strength is a major problem. However looking at the combine numbers i am not seeing it.

Looking at all the pgs who attended the NBA combine only two beat Teague in the bench press. he benched 185 pounds 13 times. Only Lawson with 14 and Douglas with 15 beat him.

click

This is even more impressive when you consider that he has a 6'7.5" wingspan. Obviously the longer your arms the harder each rep is on the bench.

Also 175 pounds isn't that light for a young guy that measured 6'.25" barefoot.

Why does it matter how much a PG can bench? Is Teague planning on posting up or something? lol. Kevin Durrant looks like a 4th grader, and is a top 10 player....The last thing I worry about is how strong he is.

Why does it matter how much a PG can bench? Is Teague planning on posting up or something? lol. Kevin Durrant looks like a 4th grader, and is a top 10 player....The last thing I worry about is how strong he is.

IT matters when you try to penetrate and get bumped around. Strong guys finish depite the contact, soft guys go flying. It also matters when a Chauncey Billups is trying to post him up.

I definitely would not call Teague weak but he will have to bulk up a little.

The best thing about the guy is that he seems to know exactly what his weaknesses are and seems to be putting in the work to fix them

He's at least saying all the right things to have any Hawks fan that isn't a complete pessimist, get excited

He's already so good at taking guys off the dribble, he adds more strength and he will be darn near unstoppable for even NBA defenders to keep him in front of them

Edited by BusBoyIsBack

it's not a major concern but, when he play against the likes of baron davis, jameer nelson, rodney stuckey, etc. i'll worry a little.

Aaron Brooks is 6 foot 160 and also Allen Iverson... 6'2 175 is not that bad...

a short career?

i hope he knows when he need to be shy away from contact and when not to.

Since the draft I have seen a lot of comments from the media about Teague needing to get stronger, as if lack of strength is a major problem. However looking at the combine numbers i am not seeing it.

Looking at all the pgs who attended the NBA combine only two beat Teague in the bench press. he benched 185 pounds 13 times. Only Lawson with 14 and Douglas with 15 beat him.

click

This is even more impressive when you consider that he has a 6'7.5" wingspan. Obviously the longer your arms the harder each rep is on the bench.

Also 175 pounds isn't that light for a young guy that measured 6'.25" barefoot.

13 reps when you only weight 175 with those long arms is actually very impressive. Teague is going to be a good fit I think with his incredible quickness. I think he will start this season if Joe can play small forward with Crawford as SG.

Hawk88

13 reps when you only weight 175 with those long arms is actually very impressive. Teague is going to be a good fit I think with his incredible quickness. I think he will start this season if Joe can play small forward with Crawford as SG.

Hawk88

I hope not. He'd already be lonely in the corner with just Joe. but with Crawford too, he aint touchin the rock lol